IVP Reformed Commentary Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkterry

Puritan Board Freshman
I just stumbled on this last night:

IVP - Reformation Commentary on Scripture

Apparently, IVP will be producing a Reformed commentary set that will be a similar format to the Ancient Christian Commentary set.

Unfortunatley, I read somewhere that it will be next year before the first volume is released.

I used to work at IVP and I think I heard at one point that Carl Truman will be doing the Romans volume.

Too bad Carl is stopping with chapter 8!!!

Just when I get so ticked at IVP that I think that one more of their books is one too many and they roll out a gem of a series like this!!!

Too bad Carl is stopping with chapter 8!!!

Just when I get so ticked at IVP that I think that one more of their books is one too many and they roll out a gem of a series like this!!!

I'm trying to understand who is making the publishing decisions at IVP (some items now with serious doctrinal error)- does anyone know why they have started doing this after having had very high quality standards in the past?

IVP has always had a "seat at the table of the secular university" approach to intellectual engagement. Doing so, they have imbibed some of the intoxicating wine of post-modernism (at least the terminology and a lot of the buzz words). They have also generally made peace with various old earth views and are quite committed to egalitarianism. As such, they appeal to the "edgy" side of broad evangelicalism (e.g., Wheaton, Westmont, Fulller, et. al.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back