Is anyone following this home-schooling DFS case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major bummer. I wonder if there is more than meets the eye here? HSLDA is representing the family, which is a good thing. What a nightmare for those poor kids.

We're starting foster care training in a couple of weeks, and stories like this creep me out a bit. We believe every kid deserves a solid Christian home. I hope the NC DSS folks here are OK with that. From what I have read in their literature they seem to like religious families and encourage that aspect of it.

Yes, I also don't trust Worldnet or Newsmax or some other news sources. I also wondered if there was another angle to this story.

what was it about this family specifically that got their children taken away? I mean surely thousands of other Christian parents homeschool their foster children. Is it just something specific to New Jersey?

WND is the only source I can find for this story, which makes me a little suspect. I don't see it listed in the HSLDA's active cases on their website.

It is a little bizarre that absolutely nothing but the WND article turns up. You'd think there would at least be court records somewhere. I don't have time to poke around further right now.

It is a real case. I don't know if HSLDA is primary counsel or not. If they are just know that HSLDA often, and wisely so, does not put all active cases on its website.

It's almost inconsequential whether this particular story is true in the big scheme.

The larger point is that the story is believable at all. It is consistent with what we have seen and know of the system.

Many of us are skeptical, but none of us thought "that's impossible."

We should be able to think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back