iPod won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidius

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I have no idea what happened to my iPod. It was working yesterday afternoon and then when I plugged it into my laptop to upload some lectures the display didn't light up. I thought that was strange so I tried to turn the iPod on manually and nothing happened. Today it still isn't working. :( Any ideas?

I have no idea what happened to my iPod. It was working yesterday afternoon and then when I plugged it into my laptop to upload some lectures the display didn't light up. I thought that was strange so I tried to turn the iPod on manually and nothing happened. Today it still isn't working. :( Any ideas?

Because Apple = Evil.

Try "restoring" it on Ipod. That is probably what Apple would recommend. It works 3 out of 5 times. What model ipod is it?

Because Apple = Evil.

Try "restoring" it on Ipod. That is probably what Apple would recommend. It works 3 out of 5 times. What model ipod is it?

That should work as a last resort. Do also ensure that you don't have the iPod set to "lock". I also press the buttons in a variety of patterns. I've only had to restore my Nano once since I got it.

Did not holding down the menu button and the middle button at the same time for 5-7 seconds work?

What is the purpose of "lock" anyway?

If you bump your iPod while it's off you can turn it on by accident. Whenever I'm travelling I lock my iPod while it is off so something doesn't bump the play button and then the iPod turns on and plays my entire music library and kills the battery.

Also, you might be listening to something and you don't want to inadvertently bump the wheel and advance to another song or something like that.

Lock essentially disables the inputs so whatever state the iPod is in, it stays in that state.

Did not holding down the menu button and the middle button at the same time for 5-7 seconds work?

That worked! Genius! I think I remember you gave this same advice to the last person with an iPod problem. What causes this?

That worked! Genius! I think I remember you gave this same advice to the last person with an iPod problem. What causes this?

Don't really know, brother. I just know anytime I have problems with mine that seems to be the Midas touch. Glad you got it working again.:cheers:

Don't really know, brother. I just know anytime I have problems with mine that seems to be the Midas touch. Glad you got it working again.:cheers:

Did you figure it out yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back