Introduction to Ethics Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an ethics course taught at the college/seminary level that approaches ethics from a Christian standpoint by the late Dr. Greg Bahnsen. Click here He covers the normative, existential, and situational perspectives as elaborated by John Frame.

Scroll down on this web site for John Frame's 2005 ethics class. It contains a syllabus, one of the best outlines I've ever seen and the first 21 chapters of his upcoming book in the Lordship series entitled on the Christian Life - which deals with ethics. Plus a few papers dealing with particular issues.

If you could work through either or/both of these materials, you'll be able to handle anything thrown at you in college.

John Jefferson Davis has a standard ethics book from a reformed perspective entitled Evangelical Ethics as well.

And stay tuned for Frame's Doctrine of the Christian Life.

He will be forced to choose between Kline and Bahnsen.

This is going to get interesting...

Frame has stated that his ethical views are polar opposite from that of Dr Kline.

Frame stated at Bahnsen's funeral that Theonomy has not sufficiently been answered.

In Frame's Doctrine of God he states that he is becoming more sympathetic to Bahnsen's view on TAG (look in the indices for Mike Butler and Frame's correspondence with him).

So,...

Originally posted by Draught Horse

Here is Doctrine of the Christian Life; CH12 Law in Biblical Ethics
click here
You'll notice great overlap in thought and structure in this and Theonomy as well as By This Standard. Great chapter.

Here is Doctrine of the Christian Life; CH13 Applying the Law
Click here
In this chapter he deals with theonomy, case laws, and the three-fold division of the law of God. Enjoy!

Originally posted by Draught Horse

Poythress didn't choose so why should Frame (whom I think considers Poythress his long lost theological twin)

William Jefferson Clinton's Ethics: Contemporary Perspectives

..."that depends on what the meaning of is is"...

I just picked up Erwin Lutzer's monograph, The Necessity of Ethical Absolutes. I am seeing the ghost of Bahnsen hovering above the pages.

*just kidding on the ghost part. he wrote this before Bahnsen really got started. But he seemed closer to Bahnsen than other Reformed guys (e.g., normative ethic that unqualifiedly binds men and cultures).

I found this book by Arthur Holmes in the library
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ethics-Approaching-Decisions-Christian-Philosophy/dp/0877843422/sr=1-2/qid=1161048694/ref=sr_1_2/002-4686950-8713651?ie=UTF8&s=books]Ethics: Approaching Moral Decisions[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back