If you were young again, what career would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had I stayed in school I would have chosen a career in science - chemist, biologist, archaeologist - of course, there is no "what if". There is only "is". God has me in the field He wants me in.

I would be a large person playing in the NBA or NFL for big money - then run after my first contract was over.

I would be a large person playing in the NBA or NFL for big money - then run after my first contract was over.

haha i didn't know we could change our body type!

i would have went to a good college and been a pastor. but then i wouldn't have ever met my wife.... God is good!

If I could do it over I would go to school and become a Park Ranger. I love the outdoors. I would love to work for the Department of Natural Resources.

I've changed careers roughly every 5 to 10 years anyway. I actually think I'd not do anything differently, except to be more focused on whatever I was doing. I was fairly distractable as a young man: I couldn't decide between hard science, music, or agriculture, so I did them all, but I could have done any of them better with more focus.

The lumberjack sure has appeal, but the buttered scones for tea and leaping from tree to tree would be tough now...if I hadn't had so much coffee, I'm sure I would have been 6 1/2 feet tall rather than 5'11" and shrinking, so that NBA career would've been a reality. Sadly, I don't like tattoos...seriously, like victorbravo I've had a number of careers anyway, and wouldn't pass on any. You get to meet some of the most interesting people...

I would be a professional comedian. Of course, the main difference between a professional comedian and a large pizza is that the pizza can feed a family of four.

Theognome

I would have studied science and gone into medicine. Would have tried to get an M.D. and go into psychiatry.

I am 'mature' but still have no idea what I would really like to do now, let alone 20 years ago ... but thanks be to God that He has these things in control ... in everything give thanks ...

When I was a little girl, I couldn't decide on one thing. I wanted to be all of the following: a fireman, a ballerina and a missionary doctor.

Honestly, nothing's changed other than the addendum once I turned 16 of wife and mother. :think: I still want to be all those things. :lol:

What is young? When is one not young? Is being young the only qualification for choosing a career? People can change their career right up til they retire.

Anyway- the elect should have no regrets- God has designed our lives according to His pleasure and purpose.

I had few spiritual desires early in my life, so I respond that I am amazed that God even saved me and I have no wishes for anything other than where I am. I daily thank God for being here, and I pray that I will not fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back