Ideas for discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt01

Puritan Board Senior
Scott alluded to the possibility of running out of subjects that we can discuss in an edifying manner. With this in mind, I wondered if we could get an idea of subjects that would be of interest to the membership.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by matthew
Scott alluded to the possibility of running out of subjects that we can discuss in an edifying manner. With this in mind, I wondered if we could get an idea of subjects that would be of interest to the membership.

Any ideas?
I'd have to say that, in all the time I've been on the board, the question you ask is one of the more difficult ones to answer. It seems that most every topic conceivable has been discussed at one time or another.

I don't know if its a subject that can necessarily be discussed in any great depth on the board, but I'm interested in the practical application of the truths we've learned. Over the years on the board, I've learned a thing or two (to the nth degree) that I didn't know before. I've gained a better understanding of CT and why CTers baptize their children, etc. I've learned why some prefer to worship by singing only Psalms, while others would sing hymns as well. At times, when I think of all the things I've learned, things I really appreciate y'all teaching me, I find myself thinking, "So what!". How do these truths play out in my life? Does the increased head knowledge increase my faith at all? Does it make me a better father/husband? The puritans were known not only for their amazing knowledge of the scriptures, but they also had with this knowledge a level of godliness and Christian character that was enviable. That combination is something I'd be interested in discussing, but, as I said, it might not lend itself necessarily to an involved discussion on the board.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back