I Lost My Geneva Bible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
You know the one I just bought two weeks ago? Well I was strapping my daughter in the car on the way to service this morning and I set my brand new Geneva Bible on top. Well I left it on top of the car and somewhere between the house and Church it flew off. I am going to go out and look or it, I hope I find it...

:(:confused:

Did you have ID and phone # allowing return if found?

I did the same with my purse and was called within the hour and went to a house to pick it up, totally intact! I most thankfully gave them some $ in gratitude for saving me much trouble replacing many cards and bank accounts! I'll not place anything on top the car again!

I pray that you do find it. In case you dont for whatever reason i hope that it serves as a blessing to someone else. :pray2:

I did that once with my bible which included my sermon inside it. Thankfully it was on my way home from church after I preached it. (possibly the congregation wished I'd lost it on my way too church) I have often wondered whatever became of those sermon notes-were they ever picked up and read?

Last edited:
praying for you. This has to be a hard thing. Praying that it doesn't rain and you find it. God be with you and your family.

Guess God had a better plan for it than you. J/K. :)

Truly, I am sad for you because I cannot imaging losing my NKJV. Seriously, sorry to hear it.

Was going to the library once, my wife got in the car and I put my daughter in her car seat. Got to the library and my wife asked where the books were. I did the SAME THING!!! Left 'em on the room, ended up in the middle of the road, cars running over them, strewn all over the place. So, there you go. Not a LOT hope for you but a lot of shared sentiment. Sorry again.

You know the one I just bought two weeks ago? Well I was strapping my daughter in the car on the way to service this morning and I set my brand new Geneva Bible on top. Well I left it on top of the car and somewhere between the house and Church it flew off. I am going to go out and look or it, I hope I find it...

Is it the new one, or the leather one with the belt buckle? I have the belt buckle one, and use it for short-distance combat :lol:

Is it the new one, or the leather one with the belt buckle? I have the belt buckle one, and use it for short-distance combat :lol:

:lol: No it one of the new ones.

Now that's a great idea! I've always said hardcovers were for beating people over the head, and softcovers for stuffing down their throats, but this belt buckle thing could allow you to clobber 'em with it like a mace. I like it! :lol:

But seriously, hoping and praying it finds its way back to you, Benjamin.

Wah! In the margins of mine, I try to take pretty careful notes from study or sermons to assist me as I revisit passages -- losing those notes would be huge to me!

Gives a whole new meaning to the 'sword of the Spirit.'

Praying you find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back