Historic Premillenialism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin Cormier

Puritan Board Freshman
A site (blue letter?) stated that this view believes that animal sacrifices will be taking place in a Jerusalem temple while Jesus is reigning on earth.

I know a few Historic premillers but they do not share that belief.

Are they the exception?

I was Historic Premil for a long time... most of the Christians I know are Historic Premil... and I've never known any historic premil adherent argue this position.

That position is basically part of some extreme Dispensational systems, such as that of John Hagee. (He even believes that current Jews don't have to accept Christ since they have their own covenant with God.) But as Ben said, that should not be confused with Historic Premillennialism.

Originally posted by Calvin Cormier
A site (blue letter?) stated that this view believes that animal sacrifices will be taking place in a Jerusalem temple while Jesus is reigning on earth.

I know a few Historic premillers but they do not share that belief.

Are they the exception?

This is standard old-line Dispensationalism. You can find it in Scofield, Chafer, et al. Some see the sacrifices as "memorials" some as effacacious.

Originally posted by Preach
Ben,
What millennial position do you now take?

This may sound strange... but sort of a "pessimistic" (in terms of the moral state of the world) amil.
By that I mean: for the most part, the moral state of the world will generally "wax and wane" throughout history. However, I do see the Bible teaching a period of increased wickedness (coinciding with the release of the dragon at the end of the millennium) just prior to Christ's return and the ultimate destruction of the wicked and the judgment of all.

There really isn't too much hermeneutical difference between the historic premil and the amil positions. It wasn't too big of a jump at all.

Thank you all re Historic Premillenialism and "animal sacrifice"
That site had me confused with their (false) claim.
I will try to find that site again and correct them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back