Help Me Fix My WordPress Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
For some reason, today my WordPress blog began looking all weird (go here to see it).

There is supposed to be a sidebar with links to other blogs, blog archives, etc. Instead, it is trying to squeeze a blog post into the side bar and placing the menu boxes at the bottom. :confused: :scratch:

At least that's the way it looks on this screen. Help is appreciated.

It looks like you need to go to Appearance --> Widgets, and then see on the right side what widgets are set. It looks like there's a posts widget set to display on the right side, and your normal sidebar moved to the footer. Or something to that effect. If you can take a screenshot of the widgets section, that would help us figure it out.

You could also go back to themes, reload the theme and then rework any of the widgets needed.

It looks like you need to go to Appearance --> Widgets, and then see on the right side what widgets are set. It looks like there's a posts widget set to display on the right side, and your normal sidebar moved to the footer. Or something to that effect. If you can take a screenshot of the widgets section, that would help us figure it out.

How do I go about taking a screen shot of that page?

How do I go about taking a screen shot of that page?

Depends on what computer you use...with a Mac, there's a program called Grab and you just select either one window or a screen and save a picture of it. With windows I think there's a print screen button.

Did you try what Wayne suggested? Just select a new theme and then go back and reselect your theme. That might fix it, though you would have to redo any modifications you had previously made.

I would suggest you re-set it. Weird things occasionally happen with Wordpress. Our church website is a wordpress blog and one day it just went whacky. No explanation.

I did what Wayne suggested, but it was exactly the same when I re-selected the Misty theme. I didn't have to reset any of the widgets or other info, though, so maybe I didn't do it right.

Try this: Go back and first activate some other theme, and then return and play Misty for me.

Try this: Go back and first activate some other theme, and then return and play Misty for me.

Did that, but still the same problem.

I did discover two things, however. One is that the offending posts (the ones that get stuck in the sidebar) show up as wider posts (wider columns) in some of the other themes. Also, at least one of the other themes repeats the same problem.

Without getting in there to look, here's the only other thing that comes to mind. Go to the posts that showed up wider, and click edit, and then on the righthand side (near publish), there might be a dropdown for type of post (regular, wide, etc). If they're somehow selected wide and you can put it back to regular, that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back