Has anybody seen Pan's Labyrinth??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad. I was a little underwhelmed, as I was expecting much more. But it is still fairly good.

It's quite dark, and pretty violent, so no kids.

The imagery was excellent. I loved the voices. The bad guy, while clearly bad, was at least someone you could respect (Sort of like a Darth Vader bad guy as opposed to "please don't kill me" type bad guy). Very interesting story, and it dealt with a war not dealt with often in cinema.

I watched it five times. It's one of my favorite movies ever.

I, too, saw it five times. On top of that, it seems that my fascination with this movie has caused numerous other members of my congregation to watch it repeatedly as well! It was one of the most powerful, brutal, and beautiful films I've ever seen.

Matt

Is it in Spanish with subtitles only????
That's what the person at the video store told me.
No habla Espanol.

Turned it off after the first 10 minutes. That first violent scene was just awful. I don't need those kind of visual images in my head, I don't think anyone does. :um:

You could just close your eyes during that part or skip past it. It's a really great movie.

Sorry can't do that. The whole thing is tainted after that. It's like someone makes cookies and while they are making them a piece of excrement falls into the batter. The excrement is only a small percentage of the batter but would you still eat the cookies??

Sorry can't do that. The whole thing is tainted after that. It's like someone makes cookies and while they are making them a piece of excrement falls into the batter. The excrement is only a small percentage of the batter but would you still eat the cookies??

Depends on what type of cookies they were.

I mean if we're talking about coconut cookies, then I see your point. But if we're talking about double chocolate chunk fresh out of the oven with some raw milk on the side. That's something else. ;)

Also depends who you're baking them for. :think:

Stick to your guns. That is a good policy.

I agree with most of those here. It was one of the better movies I've seen in a while...and quite refreshing to not have to worry about nudity!

After the first violent scene came on I wasn't quite sure how far it was going to go and by the time I got the remote in my hand to fast forward it was over; I fast-forwarded through the torture scene later on. There aren't any images haunting my mind and the "dung" didn't ruin the rest of the movie.

:up: :up:

I watched it this past Friday evening and liked it a lot. My wife also liked it despite the violence.
:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back