Embarrassed to be from Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that community access television?

Please tell me that was not a paid advertisement.

If it was, I'll rent the U-Haul for you.

I just moved to Maryland this past October, and I think one ought to be embarrassed to live in Maryland - they have more taxes than the proverbial Carter has pills. I'm waiting on the "air" tax which will inevitably come sooner or later.

Disgusted with Maryland taxes and tolls,
DTK

David, I hope your congregation doesn't find out about your disgust with their homes!

I grew up around Frederick, MD and my wife grew up in Elkton and later Delaware. I'm glad to hear of an OPC church there. Do you have a website?

David, I hope your congregation doesn't find out about your disgust with their homes!
I am afraid that you have me at a disadvantage - I confess my ignorance of how I expressed this disgust with the homes of my congregation. Therefore, assuming you are aware of something I'm not, I hasten to apologize profusely for expressing this disgust with their homes. I promise to be more guarded in expressing my sentiments of this nature in the spirit of Psalm 141:3. Please forgive me for Christ's sake.

DTK

My wife was born and spent most of her life before 40 in Maryland.

I thought this was a humorous commercial.

However, Susan and I have preferred and enjoyed vacation times at Rehoboth Beech, Delaware, though it was difficult to find a good Reformed church. Haven’t been there for a few years.

I am afraid that you have me at a disadvantage - I confess my ignorance of how I expressed this disgust with the homes of my congregation. Therefore, assuming you are aware of something I'm not, I hasten to apologize profusely for expressing this disgust with their homes. I promise to be more guarded in expressing my sentiments of this nature in the spirit of Psalm 141:3. Please forgive me for Christ's sake.

DTK

David, he was talking about Toll Brothers Homes. ;)

I grew up in Gaithersburg MD all my life, and I just recently moved to Fairfax VA. I actually don't notice too much of a difference other than paying less in taxes and having more freedom with gun laws. I prefer VA, but MD is not that bad.

Well, MD wouldn't be THAT bad if everyone had re-elected Ehrlic like I TOLD THEM TO.

But noooooo....they had to believe the silly commercials that (literally) said "Ehrlic likes Bush. Bush likes Ehrlic. Bush bad. So don't vote for him."

Instead, they elect O'Moron....er...O'Malley. He already didn't do anything but further screw up Baltimore City AND try to block the state from taking over the failing school system..... plus he didn't stop BG&E from the 72% rate hike and then got the nerve to raise taxes to 6% (we'd been at 5% since God made dirt....).

Still.... the weather's not as bad as most places. We get moderate amounts of snow (except if you live somewhere like Elkton or Hereford, then you get Pennsylvania snow.....sorry DTK!), rain, barely any REAL flooding, and this year has probably been the worst EVER as far as tornadoes. We've only had TWO category 1 hurricanes touch down since 1851. Nothing higher.

Still like it. :) A little irritated with some things, though.

And there ARE worse places where taxes are truly ridiculous....(i.e. Chicago or D.C.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back