Duns Scotus & William of Ockham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey

Puritan Board Junior
What are the two most important works of these theologians? Could you recommend one (primary source) book for each that contain selections from these works (in English!)? Thanks!

:detective:

Yeah, I saw that thread and already bookmarked the work of Scotus that you found on the Internet. In terms of putzing around on Amazon to find decent readers for these two men, I haven't been very successful.

What are the two most important works of these theologians? Could you recommend one (primary source) book for each that contain selections from these works (in English!)? Thanks!

:detective:
I will be happy to direct you to two works by William of Ockham that have been published (somewhat recently) as an English translation, but I am not making any claim that either of these should be classified as among his most important works. Both of these are from the series, Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought. I think you can purchase these on Amazon.

William of Ockham, A Short Discourse on the Tyrannical Government, trans. John Kilcullen (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992), 215 pages.

William of Ockham, A Letter to the Friars Minor and Other Writings, trans. John Kilcullen (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1995), 393 pages.

You might want to acquire this book - Paul Vincent Spade, The Cambridge Companion to Ockham (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999), 420 pages.

These are books from my own library.

DTK

Thank you -- is there one in particular you would recommend out of the three?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back