Does anyone here own a Hyundai

Status
Not open for further replies.

VilnaGaon

Puritan Board Sophomore
I am thinking of buying a Hyundai as my next vehicle. I am impressed by Hyundai's 5 year warranty. Any thoughts, recommendations or criticisms?:gpl:

Consumer Reports' auto guide can be helpful, too--they review new cars in detail, as well as chart reliability on used cars back ten years by make and model.

I am thinking of buying a Hyundai as my next vehicle. I am impressed by Hyundai's 5 year warranty. Any thoughts, recommendations or criticisms?:gpl:

I own a Hyundai Elantra that I bought new in 2005. I highly recommend the vehicle for several reasons; inexpensive to run, handles great, plenty of trunk room, comfortable, plenty of power (ours is a 5-speed stick) and trouble-free. I got 44 mpg on the highway a couple of days ago, and get a steady 34 mpg around town.

We own two other cars (a Cadillac and a Subaru) plus a pickup, but my wife and I argue over who gets to drive the Hyundai!

You can't go wrong.

Jim

My wife had an Accent in the late 90's (I think it was a '96) and we drove from Oklahoma to Ontario on about 2 tanks of gas (all highway). It was incredible.

It did start to rattle a bit towards the end of its life, but that's typical, from what I understand. Sounds like that sort of thing is changing, though.

I owned a Sonata (87 I believe) that I liked. I only got rid of it because my family outgrew it.

I own an Elantra and my wife drives a Santa Fe. They're excellent cars. You won't be sorry if you get one.

Bought a new 2007 Sonata in Jan 2007. Have 50k miles on it. Love it! Am looking to upgrade to a Genesis in about 10 years. :lol:

We've had one for a year, and we're still happy with it. I had researched off and on for a couple of years before I had to get a new car, and Hyundai had more car for the money than the Japanese, and far outshone the other American made cars. (The one we bought was made in Alabama).

I have since heard that Hyundais have paint durability problems similar to some Fords.

I've rented a number of cars over the last year, and most of the Kias have been nice, the Chevy Aveo was surprisingly nice (also a Korean make with a Chevy label stuck on). The Pontiacs were mostly nice (one gets bad marks), the Impala was the worst of the lot. I wouldn't expect any of the Government Motors built cars to last as well as the Koreans, however.

I bought three Santa Fe's as company cars. We all loved them! My wife has had a Santa Fe for 7 years and loves it. I drive an Azera . . . best car I have ever driven. More bang for you buck, lots of premium features included standard, great 10 year warranty. What is there not to like?

BTW, my Azera is equipped like a MUCH more expensive luxury car and was bought for about $28k.

Thanks for the feedback, guys, I did further research online and talked to a mechanic friend of mine. I have decided to go ahead and buy a Hyundai. I like the Sonata very much. I have test driven one and it handles very well. The Genesis simply looks wicked!!! I don't think that I will buy that as the temptation to street race will be too much, for the speed demon that I was. Plus my ""Jesus is LORD"" bumper stickers would be sacriligious on a ""way above the speed limit"" Genesis.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back