Cover letter for a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croghanite

Puritan Board Sophomore
What should a cover letter consist of? It would be for a job that I really really really want....really really really want. I met the hiring manager in person today by walking into his office to inquire about the job. I told him of my experience and he gave me his email to send a resume.

The job is high voltage electrical testing.

What should a cover letter consist of? It would be for a job that I really really really want....really really really want. I met the hiring manager in person today by walking into his office to inquire about the job. I told him of my experience and he gave me his email to send a resume.

Something to this effect:

Date

Sir,

It was a pleasure meeting you in person the other day. Per your request I have enclosed my resume.

I'm enthusiastic about working for you company and believe my experience and skills would make for a good fit. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me at xxxxx or e-mail me at ...

Sincerely,

Name

Date

Sir,

It was a pleasure meeting you in person the other day. Per your request I have enclosed my resume.

I'm enthusiastic about working for you company and believe my experience and skills would make for a good fit. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me at xxxxx or e-mail me at ...

Sincerely,

Name

That was my first thought. Plain and simple. I think the fact that I very much want this job is affecting my judgment.

Date

Sir,

Sincerely,

Name

That was my first thought. Plain and simple. I think the fact that I very much want this job is affecting my judgment.

Simple and to the point is always best. Honestly, if folks are like me they appreciate things that get to the point. A cover letter makes you look professional and something that gets to the point makes you look more professional. If you write something too long he's likely to be annoyed because you wasted his time and that will color his judgment when he reads your resume.

I recently had to participate in the hiring process of a Govt civilian. I'm going to have to do much more of it in the months ahead. One guy in particular kept haranguing me prior to the interview about how much he wanted the job. Honestly, with everything else going on, it was hard not to be annoyed by it all.

here is what i was thinking.

sir,

i really really really really want this job. please? can I have the job? please? really, I am serious. I really really really want this job.

willing to be underpaid for this job I really really want,
Joe

sir,

i really really really really want this job. please? can I have the job? please? really, I am serious. I really really really want this job.

Joe
:lol:

That's perfect! The punctuation and the captilization scream: Hire me, I'm smart!

sir,

Joe

:lol: Yeah, that should work. Employers love grovellers. . . ;)

When they say I can't have the job I will say I,m smart, I can do things (the godfather movie voice)

sir,

Joe

:lol: Yeah, that should work. Employers love grovellers. . . ;)

It's a million to one chance you guys mean what you say, but DON'T DO IT!
(My day job is professional resume writer). Rich's note is just about perfect for your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back