Cool "new" PB feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcreature

Puritan Board Freshman
I just discovered that I can email threads. This is coming in very handy, since I can email a closed thread to go through later and more intimately read and research the responses. Awesome!

For those of you who don't know, with the desired thread open, click the drop-down on "Thread Tools", then click "Email this page".

What cool features do you use?

Cool enough. I wasn't aware of that.

I use the printable thread facility occasionally to print out more long and complicated threads that I'm interested in.

All it seems to do is send a link to the page. So it could serve a purpose if you wanted to keep track of which threads you want to re-read. I suppose being able to actually email threads in their entirety could lead to private threads being publicised. The bad thing about this feature is that some PBers send too many mass emails ;)

It doesn't even email anything to me. Maybe I am not authorized to email pages? I spent the morning emailing about 10 threads to myself, but when I checked my email I had no new messages. I guess I could always paste the link from the address bar and email it directly to myself.

It doesn't even email anything to me. Maybe I am not authorized to email pages? I spent the morning emailing about 10 threads to myself, but when I checked my email I had no new messages. I guess I could always paste the link from the address bar and email it directly to myself.

When I tried it, it went into my spam folder.

When I tried it, nothing ever arrived in any folder. Even after hours of waiting. Strange.

--------------edit---------------

The email just arrived, almost 4 hours after I sent it from the PB. Better late than never I guess. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I tried it to my office email and it worked. I use Outlook. It was delayed approx 10-15 mins, but it eventually came through as the link to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back