Children's KJV Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
We own a copy that we picked up for our first child. It sticks very close to the KJV. The goal of the translators was a 4th grade comprehension. There are 400 black and white illustrations weaved into the stories.

At $12 a copy I think it is a worthwhile purchase. We didn't end up using ours as much as I would have liked mostly because my children's school does graded memory work each week out of the KJV and I didn't want to confuse them.

Jeri, in an Amazon review of the book a reviewer states there are no pictures of Jesus - no 2nd commandment violations. Though Amazon has it for the full $35 price.

Glad to see someone has bought this. I considered this for my daughter and so I almost started a thread like this but we went with NKJV instead.

We have one of the older copies and I like it quite a bit for the illustrations. I personally don't find the translation useful (I believe this was one of Green's adaptations) but it's well done for what it is.

We have one of the older copies and I like it quite a bit for the illustrations. I personally don't find the translation useful (I believe this was one of Green's adaptations) but it's well done for what it is.
In what way not useful, Logan?

Well I did use the qualifier "personally" :)

It's just like Green's other adaptations, the Modern King James or the 21st century King James: it loses the beauty and doesn't gain much in return in my opinion. None of those attempts really caught on. Others may certainly find it useful, I haven't so far for our kids.

but sooner or later, the child would have to go to the KJV, so it may be better to stick purely to the KJV. Generations of families have done it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back