Changing google map directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Our church website contains a google maps insert on our directions page so that people can find our church (in the country). However it always gives the worst driving directions. Is there any way to change the directions that it makes or are we stuck with them?

I've never seen anything like that, Daniel. Very strange. I'll ask around and see if anyone has any insight, though my first guess is this is something wrong on Google's end that may not be changeable by you.

Our church website contains a google maps insert on our directions page so that people can find our church (in the country). However it always gives the worst driving directions. Is there any way to change the directions that it makes or are we stuck with them?
You could simply create your own directions and map.

AMR

Write your own:

"From the west, take..."
"From the north, turn on..."

I would never trust a computer to do it for me, but I'm a directions snob. Has to be just right.

As with what Fred relates, sometimes Google Maps has glaring errors. And if it's correct today, there's no guarantee that it will remain that way if they tweak some things for whatever reason. At one time a former address where we lived was depicted correctly only to be off by a few miles some time later.

Hover your cursor over the blue line on the map. The cursor arrow should turn into a hand. You can drag the route to an alternate route. Change the major roads first, and the minor streets may take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back