Butler University game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
NCAA tournament: Get ready for the ultimate David vs. Goliath - ESPN

I am so excited about this game. To me they have already won. This is my Superbowl. I am so excited for Butler. My Grandpa and Dad had season tickets for Butler Basketball while I was growing up. I have a lot of fond memories playing at Hinkle Field house. In fact, part of the movie Hoosiers was filmed there which is this kind of story. David vs. Goliath. May David win again.

I am going over to my Mom's tonight to watch the game. So if any of you hear of my being hospitalized because of stroke or heart attack, take the report seriously. :D

GO BUTLER!!!!!!

May the Butler rise up and rebuke the Duke.

I don't have much interest in this final game, now that I've already won my bracket pool!

I don't give a rip about Butler, but since I generally pull against Duke, I guess I'd rather Butler win it. Plus, it'd be good for college basketball.

Hey BCS: take some notes on a post-season done right!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

One more thing....I don't agree with all of this "David and Goliath" talk. That's just the media hyping it up for ratings. True, Butler is a small school and Duke is a powerhouse....but this year is different. Butler was a pre-season Top 10 team, and they feature probably 2 NBA caliber players. At the beginning of the year, these would have been thought to be two pretty evenly matched teams.

That said, it IS intriguing that Butler is one of the few "minor" programs to get this far.

I don't have much interest in this final game, now that I've already won my bracket pool!

I don't give a rip about Butler, but since I generally pull against Duke, I guess I'd rather Butler win it. Plus, it'd be good for college basketball.

Hey BCS: take some notes on a post-season done right!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

One more thing....I don't agree with all of this "David and Goliath" talk. That's just the media hyping it up for ratings. True, Butler is a small school and Duke is a powerhouse....but this year is different. Butler was a pre-season Top 10 team, and they feature probably 2 NBA caliber players. At the beginning of the year, these would have been thought to be two pretty evenly matched teams.

That said, it IS intriguing that Butler is one of the few "minor" programs to get this far.

I couldn't agree more. They were, after all, a 5th seed, not an 11 or 12, and they are on a 25 game win streak. I don't think it will be a blow-out but I definitely see Duke taking charge on this one. I mean, c'mon, it's Duke! :tombstone: Butler

Great game

I was cheering for Butler the whole way... Sorry they came up short at the end.
I don't know that much about Butler, but I am sure more people know about them now.
I went to TCU, and I can not say we have much of a chance to play like that.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back