British Israel view ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly nothing wrong with looking for remnants of the descendants of ancient Israel

[....]

Such speculation only become dangerous when one gives some theological significance to race, genealogy and genetics. We’re all lost without Christ; all are the children of Abraham by faith in him. If God has some future purpose for the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, he knows where they are and can sort them out according to his purposes. In the meantime, lets share the gospel with every nation, people, tribe, and tongue.

That's right. It can be interesting to study such histories, but it is not doctrine derived from the Word of God. As such, I believe all of this is of limited importance.

I heard a talk on this in Cape Town last year and I was the only one in the room who questioned some of the things that were said. But then the oldest man in the room said of the British-Israelism teaching , "who cares?". And I appreciated that comment.

In the grand scheme of Christian doctrine and practice, this is so unimportant. I would have a tendency to become interested in things like this, but I decided that I wouldn't put in the study time because it just wasn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back