Books on New Cov from NT and Jeremiah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AThornquist

Puritan Board Doctor
Hi friends,

A friend of mine sent me a message: "I am doing a class at Biola on Jeremiah, and I have a paper on the New Covenant. My prof specifically wants me to examine this subject as addressed by Jeremiah and also the NT. I swim in progressive dispensationist waters here, and that is how I am currently leaning on the matter, but I want to get the Reformed take on the matter. Do you have some good books I can read on the subject?"

Y'all are far more knowledgeable than I; what book(s) would you recommend to this brother?

Thank you.

I would highly recommend he read John Owen's commentary on Hebrews 8. It is very in-depth (150+ pages devoted to Heb 8:6-13). His conclusions are different (and in my opinion much more biblical) than Calvin's. You can give him this interactive/collapsible outline of Owen's arguments: John Owen’s Commentary on the Old and New Covenants (Outline) « Contrast

I also recommend Sam Waldron and Richard Barcellos' "A Reformed Baptist Manifesto". Amazon.com: A Reformed Baptist Manifesto (9780976003908): Samuel E. Waldron, Richard C. Barcellos: Books

The entire book is about the New Covenant passage in Jeremiah, with each chapter addressing a different interpretation of it:

Table of Contents

Preface.......1
Introduction .......3
1 The New Covenant Constitution of the Church and Dispensationalism ....... 9
2 The New Covenant Constitution of the Church and Antinomianism ....... 31
3 The New Covenant Constitution of the Church and Arminianism .......49
4 The New Covenant Constitution of the Church and Paedobaptism .......65
Conclusion: A Reformed Baptist Manifesto .......81
Appendix 1: A Brief Response to Richard Pratt's "Infant Baptism in the New Covenant" ...83
Appendix 2: Book review of New Covenant
Theology.......93
Bibliography .......103
Scripture Index.......107
General Index .......111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back