Bible Version Runoff- Select one

• KJV

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • ESV

Votes: 49 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The differences (as far as I know) are (very) minor corrections. The same happened to the KJV (corrections over time, alterations in spelling). I would think there are far more and substantial differences in various KJV texts (some of which also have had the Apocrypha, including the original edition), but I don't expect anyone to stipulate which version of the KJV they prefer, nor do I think it is a bad thing that there have been so many variants (with margin notes, without etc).

I don't think it would be a good idea to have a translation and then freeze it in perpetuity, regardless of corrections that should be made. Now if the ESV is sneakily migrating toward a bad translation through these various changes, that's reason for concern. If it is correcting based on more studies made in translation or for clarification or to remove awkward wording, that's a good thing. Some of the Puritans likewise wanted to revise the KJV and make it even better.
Well said Logan

+1 for the KJV

We're up 42-40...close the polls..

BTW, I also have an ESV study bible, but I spend 95+% of my time studying with the KJV....It's what I prefer....though I hate the KJVO's.......not them personally, just their stance...and not their posture, but their belief....not their belief on salvation, but about the KJV being the only true english version and all others being corrupted....

Well it looks like it is official. The KJV pulls off a slim victory as the preferred version here on the PB. 403 years old and still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back