Best french resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I have no delusions about ever speaking French. However, I have taught myself Latin and I know the basic structures of several other languages. I just want to be able to read French footnotes on several theological sources. A google search on "learning french" was fairly useless. Are there any decent websites on this?

Another suggestion might also be to watch some familiar things that you know in English, which may be found on Youtube (or elsewhere) in French. We do that in our house and my three year old watches French stuff frequently and my lovely Korean wife is starting to pickup on the language. Now, it's my turn....

I LOVE yabla.com. I use it for German improvement, but, they have many languages on there. It's $10 per month and it is really great.

You might try contacting CODOFIL CODOFIL to see if they can steer you to anything. Put your tax dollars to work?

frenchtoday.com

Mango Languages (look for access through a library website) does a good job with conversational french

You really should get some basic conversational principles down. It makes it easier to hang on to the language when you don't use it regularly.

frenchtoday.com

Mango Languages (look for access through a library website) does a good job with conversational french

You really should get some basic conversational principles down. It makes it easier to hang on to the language when you don't use it regularly.

I am actually going through the coffee break french podcast for that purpose. I know it isn't ideal, but it beats sitting on the couch watching reality TV. Thanks for the website.

When you get more confident, try reading Le Petit Prince par Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It is a very lovable children/YA story that has become an international bestseller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back