Best College Football Game of All Time - Papists Go Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenFromUtopia

Puritan Board Graduate
I'm still shaking. I've lost my voice. I thought for sure USC lost, but on 4th and 9 Jarrett made the big catch, and the refs actually got one call right tonight on the goal-line fumble out of bounds, stopping the clock and setting up Leinart's fake-spike 1-yard TD run.

Eat it, papists!

FIGHT ON USC!!!!

It shouldn't have been on the one yard line. Ball was knocked Backwards and out of bounds from the one yard line. Bad place from Ref. The thing that won the game for those idolatrous pagans at USC was the poor down field coverage that got USC all the way down the field when they needed 9 yards to go on the 4th down.

Boo hoo. Notre Dame is blatantly papist and anti-Christian. Touchdown Jesus? Come on, how can you support that? Bahnsen went to USC, that's enough for me to support them ;)

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
Boo hoo. Notre Dame is blatantly papist and anti-Christian. Touchdown Jesus? Come on, how can you support that? Bahnsen went to USC, that's enough for me to support them ;)

What is this touchdown Jesus stuff?

I do cringe at the Giant violation of the second commandment blaring in the background in South Bend.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter

What is this touchdown Jesus stuff?

I do cringe at the Giant violation of the second commandment blaring in the background in South Bend.

It is that giant icon painting of Jesus Christ signaling a touchdown. They call it touchdown Jesus.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
It shouldn't have been on the one yard line. Ball was knocked Backwards and out of bounds from the one yard line. Bad place from Ref. The thing that won the game for those idolatrous pagans at USC was the poor down field coverage that got USC all the way down the field when they needed 9 yards to go on the 4th down.

:amen:

The ball went out at the 1 yard line. Watch the replays. All the ESPN analysts agree. It went backwards after crossing the out-of-bounds marker. Everyone gets knocked down, but champions get back up.

The ball went out at the 1 yard line. Watch the replays. All the ESPN analysts agree. It went backwards after crossing the out-of-bounds marker. Everyone gets knocked down, but champions get back up.

I did watch the replay again from a different angle. I was wrong. It won't be the last time unfortunately.

[Edited on 10-16-2005 by puritancovenanter]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that violation of the second commandment being called the touchdown Jesus. I hadn't heard that in years. My kids are cracking up laughing about it. To bad it makes a mockery of God.

That was a pretty awesome finish. How providential that N.D. caused a fumble that went out of bounds. No fumble, game over and ND wins.

I guess God really did want to stick it to N.D. ;)

The LSU game was pretty awesome too, well at least their defense was, anyway. They could have blown Florida out if they wouldn't have turned it over 4 times.

Florida just can't connect very well this season, despite all their wins. At least LSU is winning ... giving something for those Louisiana people to hold on to and enjoy during this crazy time.

Florida just can't connect very well this season, despite all their wins. At least LSU is winning ... giving something for those Louisiana people to hold on to and enjoy during this crazy time.

Well, it started looking like the Tennessee game for a while. LSU was up 14-0 before they started turning it over and Fla. scored 17 unanswered to take the lead. But LSU sucked it up and mounted the winning drive and then held on.

When did you become a USC fan? When they started winning? :detective: That's what we used to call a "frontrunner" back in the day.

USC is starting to become the way the Lakers were when they had Kobe and Shaq: Mess around for 3 quarters and make you think they're finally going to lose, and then mount a comeback.

USC

Un
Sanctified
Cretans

Sorry, I learned that when I lived out west. Now I'm back where real football takes place. The SEC!

Originally posted by LawrenceU
USC

Un
Sanctified
Cretans

Sorry, I learned that when I lived out west. Now I'm back where real football takes place. The SEC!

:up: :judge:

I was a USC fan prior to their domination. I like Pete Carroll's coaching style.

The SEC doesn't really seem to have much this year. I think they're over-rated. They have some good teams, but not as much balance as other conferences. Same with the Big-12. Nothing there. Texas doesn't scare me, they barely beat a slightly-above-average Ohio State team. When any team from the Big-12 that dominates the Big-12 plays outside of the Big-12, their weakness as a conference is exposed. Case in point: Orange Bowl last year.

Hard to say. I would agree that generally, the SEC offenses aren't all that hot, but sometimes defense makes up for it.

LSU beat ASU on the road, and USC struggled against them as well (I think they won by about 10), even though the ASU QB ended up throwing 5 INT's. He played lights out against LSU. But LSU's DB's weren't playing as well then as they are now.

Too bad LSU and USC couldn't have played each other for the national championship on the field a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by Pilgrim
Hard to say. I would agree that generally, the SEC offenses aren't all that hot, but sometimes defense makes up for it.

LSU beat ASU on the road, and USC struggled against them as well (I think they won by about 10), even though the ASU QB ended up throwing 5 INT's. He played lights out against LSU. But LSU's DB's weren't playing as well then as they are now.

Too bad LSU and USC couldn't have played each other for the national championship on the field a couple of years ago.

Do you think LSU was substantially better than OU was last year? A win is a win, bottom line. USC has a target on their back every game. Everyone wants to knock them off their pedestal. To overcome that, game after game, proves much more than putting lots of points on the scoreboard.

Originally posted by Pilgrim

Do you think LSU was substantially better than OU was last year? A win is a win, bottom line. USC has a target on their back every game. Everyone wants to knock them off their pedestal. To overcome that, game after game, proves much more than putting lots of points on the scoreboard.

All I know is that you need to start praying now that you dont meet the Hurricanes in Pasedena. We play defense in the ACC unlike the Pac-10.

Agreed.

If USC played in either the SEC or the ACC, there's a 98% chance that they would lose one or two games, and the same could possibly be said about the Big 10, but I'm not so sure.

Of course, the strength of this year's Association of Corrupt Colleges is mostly found in the three teams that their greedy snouts lured away from the Big East. Ahhh, the power of $$$.

:D:D:D

But at least we agree about about USC!!! :down:

Did anyone think Bush pushed Lienart in? I did not see the game. (I listened to it on the radio.) At least one local sports writer over here thinks he did. Jim Rome made some comments about it today but I did not catch them. Either way, USC is the team to beat. They are #1 and deserve to be so. They keep winning. It seems like they rise to the level they need to to win. Until someone knocks them off, they're on top and all others are wannabees.

In case anyone is wondering, USC is not my team. My alma mater still holds a warm spot in my heart. Last time we played USC, we beat them with Trent Dilfer and Lorenzo Neal! That was a big win for us, but so were the Carr wins over Oregon St, Colorado, and Wisconsin and the wins over Washington, Kansas State and Virginia last year. So, on Novemeber 19, when USC suits up to play at the Collisuem, I will be rooting for my alma mater - #24 Fresno State.

Yes, I think Bush pushed Leinart in, or clearly tried to. That's what I thought when seeing it live. Leinart was stopped initially, when the line didn't get enough of a push, then bounced to the left and Bush appeared to help him into the end zone.

Whether he would have gotten in without the help, it's hard to say. The commentators didn't say anything about it. Of course they didn't see Leinart's fumble on the previous play, either. Well, if I'm not mistaken, Keith Jackson was the play by play man, and of course he famously said he didn't see Woody Hayes punch the Clemson player.

Originally posted by Mudandstars
Of course, the strength of this year's Association of Corrupt Colleges is mostly found in the three teams that their greedy snouts lured away from the Big East. Ahhh, the power of $$$.

Gee, I was unaware that Florida State (record 5-1, ranked 10/11), Virginia (record 4-2, ranked 23/24), Maryland (record 4-2) and Georgia Tech (record 4-2) had ever been part of the Big East.

BTW - GO TERPS

I didn't say that the ACC had no good teams prior to the Big East influx. But the Big East teams have without doubt taken them from a mediocre conference (with decent Maryland, Ga. Tech, and Virginia programs, alongside a very solid FSU program) to a powerhouse conference.

The first year in the Big East, Virginia Tech won the conference, and Miami placed third.

This year, Boston College (their first year) is tied with FSU for the Atlantic Division lead, and Virginia Tech and Miami currently have the Coastal Division lead.

So, the stats speak for themselves. Maryland is hitting a low point at the wrong time. WVU's last two victories over them, as well as a fierce Hokie program (as much as I eternally hate the Hokies) just a little to the South are going to hurt their recruiting.

The ACC old-time schools might come to regret the decision to expand, as Virginia Tech and Miami are going to steal truck-loads of bowl money over the years that the other programs were used to getting. The conference got a whole lot stronger, but teams that used to place 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the conference are going to have to get used (at least some of them) to 3, 4, 5, and 6.

:2cents:

P.S. 31 - 19. Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooo Mountaineers !!!

:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back