Babies Born With Aids

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
It urks me when I see news clips on TV showing gay couples exchanging their 'wedding' vows, smiling and looking at each other so lovingly. What urks me more is seeing clips of gay couples with their adopted children. It blows my mind the direction the country has taken in just my life time.

As I mentioned in another thread, a recent O'Rielly factor was about a state (can't remember which one) that ruled that gay couples couldn't adopt children. That was the best news I've heard about the issue in a long time.

Anyway, I wanted to get feedback on a question O'Rielly asked the pro-family guy. It was basically, "What do we do with babies born with aids? They're going to suffer and die soon, and wouldn't it be better to place them in a loving home of a gay couple rather than be in the foster care system, especially since straight couples don't want to adopt them?"

I don't think his motives were necessarily to look out for the best interest of these babies (though I could be wrong), but its a good practical question. What do you think is best for these children who providentially were born with such a horrible disease as a result of the sin of their parent(s)?

I think that there are far more straight couples willing to adopt babies with AIDS than Bill would like to admit. I also believe there are not thousands of AIDS infected children waiting to be adopted. Fianlly, a child that is going to die needs to be with someone who will share the gospel with him or her, certainly not someone who engages in sin and calls it a good choice, or worse yet, "God made me that way."

Originally posted by houseparent
I think that there are far more straight couples willing to adopt babies with AIDS than Bill would like to admit. I also believe there are not thousands of AIDS infected children waiting to be adopted.
I wonder where I can find statistics to quantify just how many children are infected? I'll have to poke around a little.

Originally posted by blhowes
It urks me when I see news clips on TV showing gay couples exchanging their 'wedding' vows, smiling and looking at each other so lovingly. What urks me more is seeing clips of gay couples with their adopted children. It blows my mind the direction the country has taken in just my life time.

As I mentioned in another thread, a recent O'Rielly factor was about a state (can't remember which one) that ruled that gay couples couldn't adopt children. That was the best news I've heard about the issue in a long time.

Anyway, I wanted to get feedback on a question O'Rielly asked the pro-family guy. It was basically, "What do we do with babies born with aids? They're going to suffer and die soon, and wouldn't it be better to place them in a loving home of a gay couple rather than be in the foster care system, especially since straight couples don't want to adopt them?"

I don't think his motives were necessarily to look out for the best interest of these babies (though I could be wrong), but its a good practical question. What do you think is best for these children who providentially were born with such a horrible disease as a result of the sin of their parent(s)?

First of all, there is a big difference between being born HIV positive and born with AIDs related syndrome. Secondly, who says that straight couples do not want them??? The church needs to step up to the plate. I assume these children do not have parents.

Psa 82:3 Judge the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you for judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against those swearing to a lie; and against those who extort from the hired laborer's pay; and turning away the widow, and the fatherless, and the alien, and not fearing Me, says Jehovah of Hosts.

(ESV) Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

I wish they would make adoption easier and less expensive. We would take in a few right now if we could afford it. :um:

not only that...but I can guarentee you that the gay couples are not looking for aids babies in the majority of cases. They, like many, are looking for children to raise to have some symblence of normality as well as add to future "tolerant" generations. I think they need to read Aleph.

Originally posted by Scott Bushey
First of all, there is a big difference between being born HIV positive and born with AIDs related syndrome.
I'm not too much up on HIV and aids. Is the difference you're talking about severity, as in those who test positive for HIV don't have AIDs yet and have a longer life expectancy than those with AIDS?

Secondly, who says that straight couples do not want them???
O'Rielly and others in the news media who talk with great authority.

O'Rielly prides himself in making sure what he says has been properly researched before he speaks. Not to say that what he says it true, but as heart-wrenching as it may be to see infants with this condition parentless, I can understand a couple's reluctance to adopt them, especially if they have other children.

Originally posted by puritansailor
I wish they would make adoption easier and less expensive. We would take in a few right now if we could afford it. :um:
If certainly can be costly to adopt children. At one point early in our marriage we considered it, but the 20K or whatever needed was 'slightly' out of our reach.

Originally posted by blhowes
First of all, there is a big difference between being born HIV positive and born with AIDs related syndrome.
I'm not too much up on HIV and aids. Is the difference you're talking about severity, as in those who test positive for HIV don't have AIDs yet and have a longer life expectancy than those with AIDS?

Being deemed positive for HIV means you have tested positive for the antibody. Now-a-days, it is quite possible that you could die sooner from getting hit by a bus than AIDS related syndromes.

Patrick, things are being done through the fostering program in many states that make adopting these kids easier. You can even receive a regular stipand, medical card, etc. for the children.

We felt the same as you but are know finding out that you can adopt without having a war chest of money. My wife and I have started the paper work and Lord willing we will find a couple children in the near future to bring to our home.

Originally posted by a mere housewife
http://www.aidskids.org/whower.html#who

Bob, I'm so glad you're adopting, and will pray that the process goes along smoothly. I've been researching it, too, and would be interested in information on how to go through this without a war chest of money. And the other Bob-- thank you for bringing up these aids children.

:ditto:
Any info Bob would be helpful. I'm sure the laws vary from state to state though.

As I get some helpful information I will begin another thread just for adoption info. I am elated that there are others on here you want to adopt.

I'm 49 and we are just not adjusting to the empty nest. My brother and sister-in-law are 57, they have 4 adopted daughters and are so excited that they may have found another young girl.

We have the girls over regularly and our house is so lonely when they leave. Their latest is an 8 year old and her adoption becomes official next tuesday. My inlaws receive enough money for her that yesterday they actually started a savings account.

We have some other friends who just adopted a six month old beautiful boy. He had been abandoned in a crack house. This was through the fostering program as well. They receive 700 dollars a month just for daycare until she can retire.

Obviously it isn't for the money but it's so wonderful that these things are happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back