Anyone have a "Life Application Study Bible? What thinketh ye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackleton

Puritan Board Junior
I just got one and have been reading through it in the wisdom literature and was wondering what others thought of it

The Life Application Bible was the first Bible I ever read as a teenager. I found it of a lot of use - but I also grew out of it and wanted a more faithful translation. I "weaned" myelf away from it as I grew to desire more depth into what the Word exactly said...

But when I was new to the faith, I could read through this Bible quick and get the Big Picture more easily. But now, I have "grown out of it" so to speak.

It was a great first Bible...

I find it is filled with lots of practical one liner advice that is not too bad but like you said it is probably a better bible for a child or a new Christian.

I too truly enjoyed the Life Application KJV Bible and loved reading all the notes which were very informative. Then I started reading the John MacArthur Study Bible and all the notes with it. I now think that for my next journey through I will use the Thompson Chain Reference KJV as my trip through will consist of just scripture and cross references. I will likely return at times to MacArthurs as the notes are so meaningful and devotional.

I personally would hold out for the ESV Study Bible due to be out the 15th of October. It is highly esteemed among a lot of leading evangelicals including: John Piper, R. Albert Mohler Jr., J.I. Packer, C.J. Mahaney and many others. I look forward to it being a useful study bible that the esv has attached itself to, just a great combination.

Christiana, your journey mirrors mine! Although I stopped at my Thompson Chain and have not found anything better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back