Any Military/Former Military Members Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick, I saw this kind of issue on another message board recently. Sometimes a topic that has been done before is going to come up again. There's really nothing wrong with that, right?

SUre, its OK.
But it's simpler to revive an old thread, and ultimately takes up less memory. One also gets to read what was offered beforehand, you know, join the conversation from way back. And Patrick doesn't have to rehash all his missions behind enemy lines for the third or fourth time, talk about trying to run a drip-IV hung from an e-tool, openheart surgery lying on his belly, stuff like that. He can't tell you what happened in XXXXXXXXXXXXX

{sorry, this post has been interupted for security reasons}
[edited by NSA, CIA, DII, FBI, NIS, and the Shore Patrol]

The trouble with reviving an old thread is finding it, although Andrew never seems to have problems with it. :D And I never can get the search engine to find things for me.

With my memory, I can't even remember if I have posted already in a thread. The one on where you are from and where you have moved to has 2 posts by me on where I am from. At least I have the same answer both times. :lol:

No military, though. 4-F - profound hearing loss (What? SHOUT LOUDER! I can't hear you!!)

Hooah!

In my younger, higher-speed days, I was in 2nd Ranger Bn.

But for the past few years I've been in the chaplain candidate program... I've now completed my packet and am awaiting acessioning.

My first tour as a chaplain will likely be with the 82nd. Then, perhaps if I can get back in shape, I can go to one of the bats... or maybe an SF group. We'll see.

And don't forget that the Marines get their paychecks from the Navy. I wonder why. Could it be that they are in the NAVY?

Of course, the Marines are a Department of the Navy after all.....the Men's Department.

Originally posted by Contra_Mundum
SUre, its OK.
But it's simpler to revive an old thread, and ultimately takes up less memory. One also gets to read what was offered beforehand, you know, join the conversation from way back. And Patrick doesn't have to rehash all his missions behind enemy lines for the third or fourth time, talk about trying to run a drip-IV hung from an e-tool, openheart surgery lying on his belly, stuff like that. He can't tell you what happened in XXXXXXXXXXXXX

{sorry, this post has been interupted for security reasons}
[edited by NSA, CIA, DII, FBI, NIS, and the Shore Patrol]

LOL. True. Good point.

I was a Captain in the militant wing of the Salvation Army from 1999-2003, which is a heavily-armed Christian paramilitary group

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by SolaScriptura
Hooah!

But for the past few years I've been in the chaplain candidate program... I've now completed my packet and am awaiting acessioning.

My first tour as a chaplain will likely be with the 82nd. Then, perhaps if I can get back in shape, I can go to one of the bats... or maybe an SF group. We'll see.
If you really want to succeed as a Chaplain then you'll have to give up that "Bible" thing you believe in... ;)

Hey Bruce, weren't you in the Navy. :lol:

I don't mind being linked with the Navy, it keeps them from getting their funding cut. It's funny because when I came in they were all about "Blue Water" operations. They've learned to hitch their train to Joint Operations, but especially partnering with Marines, if they want to stay relevant to the emerging global security threat.

It is sad but true, but Rich is right. For some reasons chaplains can't propagate Christianity and kinda have to leave their Bibles at home. :banghead:

Originally posted by SemperFidelis
Hey, Bruce, weren't you in the Navy? :lol:
No, Rich, no "naval-gazing" for me.

I rose to the glorified rank of "cadet-captain" in the Civil(ian) Air Patrol.

[Edited on 5-11-2006 by Contra_Mundum]

So Bruce, that WAS you shining that :candle:(spotlight) down on me from that combat helicopter? Whatever went on...I didn't do it. I'm innocent.

:lol:

Hey Bruce, I want to apologize for how I handled that situation last week. You seem like a good guy and I didn't give you a chance before I got angry. I will try to see what someone is saying if I don't understand from now on.

Peace.

Originally posted by SemperFideles
Originally posted by SolaScriptura
Hooah!

If you really want to succeed as a Chaplain then you'll have to give up that "Bible" thing you believe in... ;)

Hey Bruce, weren't you in the Navy. :lol:

I don't mind being linked with the Navy, it keeps them from getting their funding cut. It's funny because when I came in they were all about "Blue Water" operations. They've learned to hitch their train to Joint Operations, but especially partnering with Marines, if they want to stay relevant to the emerging global security threat.

You know the Air Force respects the US Navy. They're so desperate to be like the Air Force they even try to land their jets on ships.

Rich,

It was either the Marine Corps. or the Air Force. It literally came down to the fact that the Air Force recruiter came to my house first. If the Marines came I would have been on a bus to Paris Island.

Canadian Armed Forces - Signals Branch (1988-1997).

5 years as a signals field op, 4 years as a signals field officer. One of the most exciting and rewarding times of my life!

dl

Canadian Armed Forces - Primary Reserve Infantry/Musician, primarily a musician. 2000-Current

I am currently a corporal. I play trumpet and am the primary bugler for official ceremonies (they sent me to Italy last year to play for WWII cermonies!) . When with the infantry I am either enemy force or a radio operator. I am a member of the Loyal Edmonton Regiment, the last regiment in the British Commonwealth that has the designation "Loyal" :p Another uniqe thing to our regiment is that we invented the idea of going through the walls of all those up close European houses instead of going outside to be shot by snipers!

LER!

U.S. Army, 56M, 759th MP BN, Fort Carson, CO, 2002-present

... and just reupped today!

[Edited on 5-24-2006 by Kaalvenist]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back