Any fly tyers on the 'Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

panta dokimazete

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
This is the least fun time of the year for fly fishing in TN, but I get a LOT of flies tied.

Post some of your favs and why you like them!

I call this my Rainbowgger because it has rainbow dubbing. It is a VERY productive fly for me :)

1705452660495.png

Last edited:
Not a fly-tyer, but definitely a fly-fisher. This is the best time of year for us here. This gives you an idea of what we get to enjoy here in Tasmania:

Well done on that fly. Is it a dry? For trout?

Not a fly-tyer, but definitely a fly-fisher. This is the best time of year for us here. This gives you an idea of what we get to enjoy here in Tasmania:

Well done on that fly. Is it a dry? For trout?
That was amazing! Now I wanna come to Tasmania! :)

Thanks! The fly is a streamer, meant to flex between traditional drift and strip, indicator, or euro-nymphing :)

Mostly intended for trout, but I've caught several species of fish on it!

Tight lines!

I wish. I have enjoyed fishing for trout, such as they are, here in S.C., and you can fly fish some of the rivers, like the Chattooga, but I've only ever done mepps style spinners on a spinning rod. (and "trout magnets")

We had a fly tier in my old church. Passed away now. It seems like the sort of thing I would enjoy getting in to, if I lived in the right place. So much patience and attention... beautiful little tools... like a watchmaker or something. So cool.

We had a fly tier in my old church. Passed away now. It seems like the sort of thing I would enjoy getting in to, if I lived in the right place. So much patience and attention... beautiful little tools... like a watchmaker or something. So cool.
You can tie flies for any species of fish. I tie them for bass, bluegill, carp, etc. even caught a few catfish! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back