Andrew Sandlin Yes/No

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwjudyjr

Puritan Board Freshman
I see a thread on here from 2007 regarding Andrew Sandlin, but nothing since.

Any current views on him, his ministries and views?

Thank you!
God Bless,
Conrad

I haven't read anything by him recently. He was rather soft on FV issues. I certainly haven't seen any retractions, either. I am rather distrustful of him.

He’s said some truly idiotic things, such as that (allegedly) the Bible says that the man is the head of the woman, but not the head of the household. :rolleyes: (And he’s wrong, by the way….) And he recently posted something about works being necessary for final justification.
So I say look elsewhere.

Thank you responding. I'm curious, what has he said/written that needs retraction? What stances of his cause the distrust?

Do you have any cites for me to see what is breath of concern?

Thank you!
God Bless,
Conrad
He is popular in certain circles in Canada via Joe Boot and the Ezra Institute, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. There is a growing movement of politically-minded Christians (especially among post-millenial particular baptists) up here but for my money, there are better guides than Doc.

Thank you!
God Bless,
Conrad
He holds Norman Shepherd's view of Justification, which amounts to a denial of justification by faith alone, and he holds to paedocommunion. Better to stick with Confessional Reformed guys.

He co-edited a festschrift for Norman Shepherd called An Obedient Faith. Many of the contributors are out and out Federal Visionists.

I wouldn't say he's soft on FV. I'd say he's been openly warm to it, and that there's really nothing to distinguish his views from it.

He’s said some truly idiotic things, such as that (allegedly) the Bible says that the man is the head of the woman, but not the head of the household. :rolleyes: (And he’s wrong, by the way….) And he recently posted something about works being necessary for final justification.
The finished work of Christ, right? anakinpadme.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back