After many years I finally have my own set....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, congrats! :) I don't have them and probably won't for a long time but let us know how you like 'em!

Nice I hope you enjoy them. My set is set to ship sometime next week (one of the few downsides of living in Canada)

My CBD copies came a couple of weeks ago. They look quite nice above my desk.

BTW, my new avatar is made up of theological bobbleheads in front of the Calvin's Commentaries set.

Last edited:
If for nothing else, it is kind of neat to have a set of Calvin's commentaries and his Institutes with a Calvin 500 logo on them.

My CBD copies came a couple of weeks ago. They look quite nice above my desk.

BTW, my new avatar is made up of theological bobbleheads in front of the Calvin's Commentaries set.

That looks like Luther and Calvin, but I don't recognize the third. Is that Tom Wright? Or Doug Wilson? :p :eek: :lol:

Perhaps, Spurgeon? But he looks a little trim, might be the young Spurgeon.

Possibly. It sort of reminds me of the illustrated authors at Barnes and Noble. Trust me, they never looked that good. The one of Stephen King is almost handsome.

If you saw Spurgeon from the side, you would not think his bobblehead looks so trim.

As to the bindings on the Calvin books, I like them for the money ($120). They are not R.L. Allan Bibles!

Perhaps, Spurgeon? But he looks a little trim, might be the young Spurgeon.

Possibly. It sort of reminds me of the illustrated authors at Barnes and Noble. Trust me, they never looked that good. The one of Stephen King is almost handsome.

OK, MarrowMan! Knock it off! That is C.H. Spurgeon's likeness (as best as a group of Chinese artisans who have never heard of the man can represent him).

Spurgeon2.jpg

Spurgeon1.jpg

Spurgeonad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back