Ad Extra: PCA Geologists on the Antiquity of the Earth By...

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianlve

Inactive User
Modern Reformation published an article "Ad Extra: PCA Geologists on the Antiquity of the Earth By..." Modern Reformation - Articles

did anyone read it and have viewpoints, also, did anyone see the Answers in Genesis article?
A Response to the Old-Earth Advocacy of Campbell et al., PCA Geologists on the Antiquity of the Earth - Answers in Genesis

I was a little bothered by the Modern Reformation magazine stating that "Modern Reformation as an organization does not take a view on the age of the earth"
So, I guess that don't take the Westminster Confession seriously?
Chapter IV
Of Creation
I. It pleased God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,[1] for the manifestation of the glory of His eternal power, wisdom, and goodness,[2] in the beginning, to create, or make of nothing, the world, and all things therein whether visible or invisible, in the space of six days; and all very good.[3]

If someone as already done a discussion on this please point me in that direction.
Kind Regards,
Brian :book2:

I was a little bothered by the Modern Reformation magazine stating that "Modern Reformation as an organization does not take a view on the age of the earth"
So, I guess that don't take the Westminster Confession seriously?

I don't think it's an issue that the Modern Reformation members "don't take the Westminster Confession seriously". That's a pretty big accusation to level at such respected ministers of the gospel. Perhaps you would like to reconsider your words...

Their words not mine, nothing to reconsider.
Regards,
Brian

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Yes, I printed this out and am reading it. I think it is very good.
Regards,
Brian

Their words not mine, nothing to reconsider.
Regards,
Brian

I was refering to this comment - "So, I guess that [they] don't take the Westminster Confession seriously?" Those are your words and I believe that accusation violates the 9th commandment. I do not wish to carry out the issue any further though. I presume moderators will intervene if they deem neccessary.

Point taken, I will take it under consideration, but the WC in very clear, and it was pointed as a questions to ponder, not an accusation. If you read both the articles or have a view on the topic, I would like to hear it.
Kind Regards,
Brian

If the earth is old and we insist it is young, every new discovery can be met only with distrust and disdain--disdain of his creation!

Don't you just love that reasoning? I can't come up with an instantaneous refutation of the sediment of a lake in Japan I've never heard of, and so now I distrust and hold in contempt God's creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back