a couple of "firsts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulosChristou

Puritan Board Freshman
This weekend, for the first time ever, I met in person a Presbyterian. He is the pastor of the local OPC church and an Edwardsian scholar. He was a very warm and gracious man. If you're a Presbyterian, consider yourself well represented. :)

Another first from this weekend: I heard and saw the band Caedmon's Call. It is strange that I had never heard them before this weekend because I grew up with Cliff Young and his family. Another friend from the same circle of childhood is a local pastor who was dedicating his new church facility last night. (As an aside, this pastor taught Cliff Young how to play guitar when he was a young boy.) So, Caedmon's Call was there to lead the music worship. Wonderful lyrics, talented musicians, too loud, not my kind of music. :sing:

That's cool (both things). Have you heard Derek Webb's solo music? Much better than CC ever was In my humble opinion, even in their better moments.

No, I haven't heard Webb's solo music. I don't really have much of a taste for new music, to be honest. Whenever I have time to listen to music, I usually reach for a Handel CD or a choral CD of old hymns.

Originally posted by fredtgreco
Who was the Presbyterian?

Dr. Allan Story

http://www.austin-opc.net/Allan's%20Biography.htm

He is friends with my pastor and attended a small conference we held over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back