What does WCF stand for? (From Ivan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is "TBC"? Bible church? I've always wondered how the Bible churches started. It's not a denomination, is it?

Originally posted by joshua
Originally posted by Ivan
So what is "TBC"? Bible church? I've always wondered how the Bible churches started. It's not a denomination, is it?

Trinity Baptist Church

It's Arminian, Southern Baptist. I'm a member there, but I'm not actively going there.

I see. Yes, most SBC churches are Arminian. No doubt about that. So where do you attend church?

Originally posted by Ivan

It's not a denomination, but it seems like it because the doctrinal positions are very similar. Most of the ministers tend to be McArthur type Dispensational Calvinists who take a vague stance on the issue of limited atonement. Believer's baptism is practiced and the RPW basically means nothing, but generally they're more reserved in worship than an average SBC church. They are independent and ruled by a plurality of elders.

I was being facetious...

when I read it again I realized that "Dispensational Calvinist" was the truest example of an oxymoron.

[Believer's baptism is practiced and the RPW basically means nothing, but generally they're more reserved in worship than an average SBC church.

Whoa! Then they must be falling asleep! :bigsmile: Kidding. The RPW is the biggest problem I see in Southern Baptist church...well, one of them anyway. To me the worship in most of our churches is often man-centered. It makes me VERY comfortable.

It's difficult for me to turn my back on Southern Baptists. I've been one for a very long time. I've always been something of a misfit, but it's the church in which I grew up and where I came to trust Christ as my Lord and Savior.

I know of Southern Baptist churches that are very respectful in their worship of God, who know nothing of the RPW. In fact, the church in which I grew up is very much like that. That is, until the gospel groups come to church to sing! Boy, oh, boy, I didn't like those Sundays!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back