twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Baptist history professor once said "I knew if I ignored Powerpoint long enough, it would go away." I'm hoping the same is true of Twitter.

Mine's in my sig. Depending on whom you follow, you can get some great encouragement or timely information. I'll follow you.

Just out of curiousity, what is your aversion to Twitter?

I don't know what Bill's aversion would be, but I can state mine: lack of time and desire to avoid distraction.

It's hard enough for me to keep up with a daily dose of 30-50 voicemails, 100+ emails, face-to-face meetings, etc. I could not even contemplate opening up and sorting through a new message portal.

Just out of curiousity, what is your aversion to Twitter?

Perhaps I am just too old, but I just don't get the purpose of it. The minutiae of my life is just not that interesting.

if someone was solely posting the minutiae of their life, then'd id probably agree with you. The Christians I follow mostly post encouraging quotes/thoughts. I also follow several news outlets for information.

It's really one of the best sources today for breaking news. The plane crash a few months was all over Twitter for nearly an hour before any traditional media began to cover it. Same with most events with bystanders---people post pics to Twitter as it happens.

if someone was solely posting the minutiae of their life, then'd id probably agree with you. The Christians I follow mostly post encouraging quotes/thoughts. I also follow several news outlets for information.

Perhaps I will have to consider emerging from my dark cave and embracing technology. In all seriousness though, I have no doubt that it can be used for many good purposes, but I don't even have a smart phone yet.

I'm on Twitter, though I don't tweet much. I retweet a bit and follow mostly theology, linguistics, academics, and politics.

My name is: @jeffreywyman

Part of the fun of Twitter is the challenge of expressing yourself in only 140 characters - including spaces and punctuation.

Twitter has been fun and challenging. It has caused me to focus my thoughts and bring them together into sentence instead of rambling paragraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back