"The Rich man and Lazarus" vs. Charismatic missions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidius

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Does the passage in Luke 16 about the rich man and Lazarus deal the death blow to anyone who would say that people will be converted by great displays of power through the "charismatic gifts," or that there are revivals taking place around the world due to apparitions?

[bible]Luke 16:19-31[/bible]

Yes.

And are there really people around the world who make such claims? I guess I need to get out more.

I know some groups that are trying to map the evil spritis that occupy certain cities. They interview possessed people and ask for the names of the demons. Then they organize prayer walks around those cities too.

Nothing will save your soul except the grace of God.

No man was converted, ultimately, because they saw an evil spirit, or because an apparition appeared to them, or because anything at all came to them and assured them of belief. The finality of it all is the hardened state of man's heart. If the heart is hard, then whatever is seen will be distrusted, or explained away, or blatantly ignored. If the heart is soft and fleshy, then it will be receptive to the message, whether it be from Lazarus or from Ken Klein. The state of the heart is a matter of God. Anyone asserting otherwise needs Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back