Storm of the Century

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
I watched this movie last night on Sci Fi, and I was very impressed. what are your thoughts.

it was based on the book by Stephen King.

I haven't seen it -- is it similar at all to The Mist or The Tommyknockers?

It seems like Maine has a lot a remarkably bad weather with apocalyptic results! :bigsmile:

never heard of The Mist or The Tommyknockers, but this movie was good.

Storm of the Century, centered around a town on a Maine Island. A major snow storm hits that traps the residents on the Island for a couple days. Telecommunication and everything else is cut.

Added to this, there is an evil satanic dude with supernatural powers that shows up. He intentionally murders the old piano teacher and gets arrested. But since there is a storm, all the people had to be huddled into the main building of the town, this includes the murder suspect.

Well the murder suspect begins to use his supernatural powers to expose the sins in the lives of the residents. Sins they thought were hidden. In addition to exposing their sins, he escapes, and starts eerily haunting the towns residents with dreams, disappearances and signs that says, "give me what I want and I will let you go".

Well it just so happens that what the guy wants is for the residents to give him one of their children so that he can mentor in his evil ways. If they don't give him this, he threatens to kill the everyon, by having them sleep walk into the sea. He also promised to kill the children, which he showed the people that they were flying around the earth, eventhougth they were in their cots.

Well the town choose to give him one of their children, but after fights, arguments etc.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back