So Communism will have the last say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
It seems that China has a burgeoning population (good reason why Bush had to secure Iraq's oil wells for us, and we are not even counting in the Billion people from India and India's growing economy )and a burgeoning economy, growing military and it is predicted that it will surpass the United States in all the above categories and more. And I am not even counting in, the higher level of education that the average Chinese is privy too vs our American public school system.

So in the end, will Communism finally be declared the victor? I mean these guys violate every human rights in the book, and yet they have most favored nation trading status, and yet Clinton, Bush and other U.S presidents, lobbyists and business execs find it politically expedient to meet with the Chinese government officials, whilst declaring Castro, Chavez and Saddam as evil men. I mean, we are not spreading democracy to china anytime soon. We seem quite comfortable with it the way it is. Cheap production of Nike sneakers, and Polo wear.

Now the very fact that we suck up to China but commercial opportunities, with China being a Communist country and a known human rights abuser, isn't that by default saying that the Communists have won?

The other day I also heard that Halliburton will not renew their contract with Iran. I was like IRAN???????????????? But Iran is part of the axis of evil. But then is when I realized that Capitalism maybe an amoral system. So, if an ideology concedes to another ideology merely for commercial benefits, isn't that ideology the loser?

I still wonder why some christians think that God is on the US's side. Oh because we claim we are Christian as a nation. God have mercy on the real christians caught on the crossfire of all these evil magistrates.

blade

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
I still wonder why some christians think that God is on the US's side. Oh because we claim we are Christian as a nation. God have mercy on the real christians caught on the crossfire of all these evil magistrates.

blade

Maybe that isn't the reason why Blade. Maybe it is because we have a hope that God is for us who are in Christ. Kinda like Abraham interceding for Lot and S&G. Lord will you destroy it if you find 50?

You gotta admit most of the missions movement for Christ has come out of America and still does.

One more thing. Let me be one to remind all of us to pray for our Government so that we can minister Christ in peace.

(1Ti 2:1-3) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

We ought to also pray that His Kingdom on Earth would come. Our Governments need to aknowledge and submit to the Messiah lest his wrath be kindled.

(Psa 2:10-12) Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Originally posted by Bladestunner316

blade

Maybe that isn't the reason why Blade. Maybe it is because we have a hope that God is for us who are in Christ. Kinda like Abraham interceding for Lot and S&G. Lord will you destroy it if you find 50?

Good point!

(And for old times' sake: ) :banana:

Originally posted by Slippery
with China being a Communist country and a known human rights abuser, isn't that by default saying that the Communists have won?
Having been to Hong Kong and Kowloon a couple of times each, I simply refuse to call China a Communist State. They have the flags and the mottoes, but deep down they know what brings in the money...They oppress and subject the poor to some of their "communist" ideals, but anyone who is able to make money is allowed to operate in a "free market".

When it comes to the whole Cuban communism story I just want to plug my ears. All of these restrictions on Americans travelling to Cuba, as though they are the evil empire...Maybe we should spend a couple bucks in Cuba rather than advancing the China war machine...

:2cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back