Severed from Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign Grace

Puritan Board Sophomore
In my morning reading, I was reading in Galatians when I read this:

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.[Galatians 5:1-6]

Would this not line up with including infants into the local body? The reason I ask this is that none on here, including myself, believes a true believer will fully and finally fall away and be lost again. So, could it be said that one can be part of the church, the Lord’s body, externally, yet not internally via true conversion, and when they walk away, they are severed off after disciplinary action has been taken to seek restoration, and they refused to be restored? I know the immediate context is those who want the law and grace to be intermingled, but would what I proposed be apropos to the meaning as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back