Seminary and the bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the conclusion of "Seminary" or "Autodidactism," we can hopefully agree with the following:

*Even graduating from seminary, one ought to engage and maintain a rigorous reading and study schedule, for many of the "intro" or "survey" classes in seminary are woefully inadequate.

Amen. One of the most fruitful things I've found is to revisit my syllabi from seminary and begin to work through the professor's suggested/supplemental reading. That has been very helpful for me.

One thing I recently started doing was finding some of my favorite theologian/philosophers and googling their syllabi and trying to work through the syllabus's reading and even papers. That's what I am doing with JP Moreland's Metaphysics and Phil of Mind classes.

Regardless of the conclusion of "Seminary" or "Autodidactism," we can hopefully agree with the following:

*Even graduating from seminary, one ought to engage and maintain a rigorous reading and study schedule, for many of the "intro" or "survey" classes in seminary are woefully inadequate.

Amen. One of the most fruitful things I've found is to revisit my syllabi from seminary and begin to work through the professor's suggested/supplemental reading. That has been very helpful for me.

One thing I recently started doing was finding some of my favorite theologian/philosophers and googling their syllabi and trying to work through the syllabus's reading and even papers. That's what I am doing with JP Moreland's Metaphysics and Phil of Mind classes.

I've done that too, and thoroughly enjoyed it; a very helpful exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back