Ron Wyatt: Discovering Noah's Ark, Sodom, The Red Sea Crossing, and Mt. Sinai

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading about him some time ago he sounded more like Indiana Jones than a legitimate archaeologist. It smacked a bit too much of fiction to me, but then it was a while ago, so I'll look him over again.

Hi:

His finding of Mt. Sinai in Saudi Arabia is legitimate. I think his discovery of Sodom and Gomorrah is also valid. What I have seen concerning the Ark of the Covenant and Noah's Ark are rather farfetched.

Blessings,

Rob

The guy was a kook. Just do a search on "Ron Wyatt" +fraud and you'll find plenty of Christians embarrased at Ron Wyatt's outright lies and misrepresentations. I love Indiana Jones (well, the new movie sucked), and would love half of Ron Wyatt's stuff to be true, but it's fiction.

Noah's Ark and the Ark of the Covenant have been "found" what - about 300 or 400 times by now? :lol:

The way to deal with these guys (he said cynically) is always to follow the money...

Noah's Ark and the Ark of the Covenant have been "found" what - about 300 or 400 times by now? :lol:

The way to deal with these guys (he said cynically) is always to follow the money...

Thats not bad advice.

Sadly there are plenty of people seeking money and notoriety, and the media is far too happy to sensationalize them (along with Jimmy Swaggert etc.) to the forefront with articles, TV movies, and the like. Due to the media hype over the last several decades, imagine if a legitimate claim was made, everyone might have a doubting predisposition.

Read Project Von Bora and ask if they are chasing money. And consider PVB discovered an ancient proto-Sumerian tablet with a strong resemblance to the Genesis command to "go forth and multiply". The tablet was published in National Geographic, Research and Exploration, in 1994, but I guess it doesn't meet the media's Jimmy Swaggart or Ron Wyatt standard for wider sensationalized publication.

http://vonbora.org

The guy was a kook. Just do a search on "Ron Wyatt" +fraud and you'll find plenty of Christians embarrased at Ron Wyatt's outright lies and misrepresentations. I love Indiana Jones (well, the new movie sucked), and would love half of Ron Wyatt's stuff to be true, but it's fiction.

Yes, Wyatt was rather strange in his views, and he tended to go off of the deep end at times. But, Are you willing to deny Justification by Faith Alone simply because C.I. Scofield affirmed it?

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while.

Blessings,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back