Question of the Reformed Study Bible Notes Revelation 20:1-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachaser

Puritan Board Doctor
The notes in my edition state that the saints will reign with come to life and reign with Christ, while Satan is bound for 1000 years, and then he will be loosed again, and then is rendered powerless.
That sounds more like a premil position to me, and strange in a Reformed study bible, am I seeing this wrong?

David,

This is why I don't like study Bibles, and their notes. If I want commentary they should be separate.
I like to use both study bibles and text only, but just thought that the notes on that passage seemed to fit my premil view more than the standard amil Reformed viewpoint.

Reformed Study Bible, edited by RC Sproul, 1st edition.
Okay, you mean the Reformation Study Bible. I'll try to take a look at my copy later this evening (I'm not home). If I remember correctly, they present all the main views.

Rev. Williamson is right. The notes are just summarizing John's vision in vv1-10. The subsequent notes explain how the text is understood by those of various eschatological persuasions.

Rev. Williamson is right. The notes are just summarizing John's vision in vv1-10. The subsequent notes explain how the text is understood by those of various eschatological persuasions.
That makes better sense to me, as the notes I was addressing would be the summary, and the following were outlining differing views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back