Problem with my CD/DVD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'GodHowGreatThouArt

Puritan Board Sophomore
I'm currently using a Windows 7 64-bit OS, Toshiba A665-S6050. Last night, I was able to burn 9 disks without too much difficulty. Today, I cannot get my drive to detect and burn to blank disks, nor play the disks I previously burned.

I ran a couple troubleshooting options, which did not fix it. I then uninstalled the Drive and reinstalled it while rebooting, and it too did not work. I was wondering if any of you knew of other options.

I want to heavily downgrade my use of computers (restricted to fellowship, writing papers, and scholarship hunting only) and take myself back to the 1980s technology wise, so that's the reason for the CD burning.

Appreciate any and all assistance.

First, your computer recognizes the drive, just not any media you put in, correct?

I assume you've tried opening the drive (in My Computer) even when it doesn't show that there's anything in it?

It sounds like a problem with the drive itself. You've pretty much eliminated software concerns. Can you try a different CD drive?

Right... but can you hook up a different CD drive to the computer you were having trouble with?

You didn't mention if it was a laptop or a desktop. Or if you had an extra drive you could try.

I probably can hook it up to my laptop, but it needs to be USB based. I'm attempting to downgrade into the 1970s technology with most of my life, so I'm not willing to invest in another CD drive, since I don't have another one laying around.

If this was an external CD drive, then yeah, try hooking it up to your other laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back