Picture for Book Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a title like that . . .

Either a campaign style pin with a photo of Rush (Rousas J. Rushdoony that is) with a luminescent halo around his head OR a red circle with a diagonally drawn red line through it (depending on the thesis of the book of course).

:think:

With a title like that . . .

Either a campaign style pin with a photo of Rush (Rousas J. Rushdoony that is) with a luminescent halo around his head OR a red circle with a diagonally drawn red line through it (depending on the thesis of the book of course).

:think:

The former would fit the thesis of my book; but in my opinion Rush has enough books with his picture on it.

Since the title is "A Conquered Kingdom," go with something like King Alfred's conquering pose.
alfred_statue.jpg

kingalfred.jpg

gs48_th.jpg

Daniel Ritchie;

Has anyone any ideas for a picture that I could put on the cover of my next book A Conquered Kingdom: Biblical Civil Government?

Why not a picture of the world, or even a kingdom of people with the Ten Commandments or Bible verses written as a back drop or raised lettering over top of the picture?

I have searched for a picture of a king in which he is clearly submitting himself to the Word of God - but haven't seen anything good.

Daniel Ritchie;

Has anyone any ideas for a picture that I could put on the cover of my next book A Conquered Kingdom: Biblical Civil Government?

Why not a picture of the world, or even a kingdom of people with the Ten Commandments or Bible verses written as a back drop or raised lettering over top of the picture?

I will look into it.

Having a theonomy book with a cover depicting a guy in full battle array and a sword certainly does not allay my fears about the movement.

Having a theonomy book with a cover depicting a guy in full battle array and a sword certainly does not allay my fears about the movement.

Warfare is legitimate on just occasions. Besides, it has been repeatedly made clear that Theonomists do not want to spread the gospel with the sword.

Yes, brother, agreed....but a guy in full battle gear might not get that message across too well.

If theonomy is subject to all sorts of ignorant slanders - as it is claimed - and they don't desire to spread the Gospel by the sword, the why put a sword on the cover.

Put Jesus washing someone's feet instead.

Yes, brother, agreed....but a guy in full battle gear might not get that message across too well.

If theonomy is subject to all sorts of ignorant slanders - as it is claimed - and they don't desire to spread the Gospel by the sword, the why put a sword on the cover.

That would be a breach of the second commandment. Besides, the book is about civil government. However, as it turns out, I am not able to put anything on the front cover, and have decided just to put a picture of John Cotton on the back. :)

Daniel Ritchie;

That would be a breach of the second commandment. Besides, the book is about civil government. However, as it turns out, I am not able to put anything on the front cover, and have decided just to put a picture of John Cotton on the back. :)

I'm sorry you can't put a picture on the cover (hmmm..the cover of the Rolling Stones) okay back to the topic...maybe you could use some of the suggestions for your NEXT book?

And re: the item above for a different book cover, maybe instead of a picture of Christ as it would be a breach of the second commandment, why not a picture of yourself washing the elders of your congregations feet, or the elders of your church washing the feet of various members of your congregation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back