PCA vs AMIA need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaki

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello All,
While I have been reading the puritan board for a long time, this is my first post. Forgive me if it is in the wrong forum. I will try to be brief:
My PCA church (while never truly PCA in practice) has just left the denomination. We are in a very small town and have very few church options.
Having come from an incredible PCA church in TX 3 years ago, we have grieved over not finding anything remotely similar in the South East region we are in. Our TX church (in Austin) was confessional, weekly communion, and liturgical. The (formerly PCA) church we have attended here had none of those elements. It is the coffee-shop casual style, rock band, quarterly communion, no confessions....

However, there is one other PCA church 25 minutes away, though nothing like what we experienced in TX, it may be an option. Still only quarterly communion, and occasionally a question from the catechisms.

Can anyone give me a somewhat basic take on the AMIA, Anglican Mission in America? I have searched and found a few threads here, though not much. I have researched their site, but my questions were not clearly answered.

Is the AMIA reformed? I found one place where they believe in inputed righteousness, and another site that said infused. I recognize they may be a "Reformed Catholicism", but I am wondering if one who consider them truly Reformed?

I do struggle with the fact that they ordain women to the diaconate.

I have gone longer than I intended, I apologize.

Thanks for your time and wisdom,

khaki
PCA
South Carolina

Are you thinking of Westminster in Rock Hill? I know there are a couple of ARP churches in Rock Hill as well. I am sure you can find one that would be acceptable. I am pretty sure a pastor from one of the ARP churches recently joined here as a matter of fact, and he was mentored by Sinclair Ferguson. I'll go look.

Incidentally, we live in NC and have to drive 25 minutes to a good ARP church, so it is really not too bad.

thank you!

Thank you so much for the great suggestions. I will definitely look in to the ARP. Yes, I was referring to Westminster when I mentioned the PCA church 25 min. from us. I do not know much about it. We visited once when we first moved here, but again, without the confessions and liturgey, communion....we just kept searching.

I have wondered if the ARP here in the South East would be more similar to the PCA in TX.

Thanks again & Blessings,
khaki
PCA
South Carolina

You're very welcome!

I think ARP churches will vary a lot just like PCA churches do, but I consider them very, very similar overall. We are in one now that is definitely more conservative...no contemporary music, we repeat a confession of faith and confession of sin, the pastor reads a chapter of scripture before the sermon which also has a scripture reading, and we have communion once a month, etc. If you were just a little closer, I'd invite you to our church in Denver, NC near Lake Norman's southwest side. But I am thinking that Rock Hill might be the closest to Ft. Mill. And I am sure there is more than one ARP church there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back