No Place Left

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaBanana

Puritan Board Freshman
Yesterday I was approached by a man and woman while I was outside washing my car who were apart of No Place Left. At first I thought they were Jehova Witnessess but they actually said they are Christians who go around the community, door to door and share the Gospel. I began talking to them about the Lord and they began to show me on a flash card the process of being saved. Rebellion —> Jesus —> freedom/redemption. They explained that they believe there is an urgency in getting all people to know Christ which is why they use up all their daytime hours to go and share the Gospel. If someone is interested and willing to hear, they then take them under their wing and disciple them so then they, can go out and disciple others. This is the part that got me a little confused: the couple that I spoke with said they do not attend a Church but their Church is going out and preaching the Word, teaching as many souls as they can. They have no leadership structures or leadership within their groups. They also consider this their job and live on donations and fundraising.

Have any of you heard of No place left? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Anna,
I am not familiar with this group. Secondly, I bet they really do mean well. Nonetheless, based on what you described, the group has circumvented the means God has appointed for all of these things. Each person has assumed the position of church authority for themselves and for others. I would not join them nor support them. They are truly rebellious to God's authority, even if by ignorance. For themselves and those they convert to their autonomy, they will miss out on God's appointed means and, therefore, at least, stunt their own growth. We have been given the visible church for many good reasons, all gifts from God.....

Anna,
I am not familiar with this group. Secondly, I bet they really do mean well. Nonetheless, based on what you described, the group has circumvented the means God has appointed for all of these things. Each person has assumed the position of church authority for themselves and for others. I would not join them nor support them. They are truly rebellious to God's authority, even if by ignorance. For themselves and those they convert to their autonomy, they will miss out on God's appointed means and, therefore, at least, stunt their own growth. We have been given the visible church for many good reasons, all gifts from God.....

I have to fully agree with this. Anna, you should tell them this and then invite them to your church.

This is just some of what I found on their website. It's not good.

"Visit our Orality Bible website to explore our growing list of storying resources. Our vision for the Orality Bible Project is to create an oral Bible with no words. The master icons capture each story’s main idea and fuel the imagination. The sketches are used for training disciples to remember and tell each story."

This is just some of what I found on their website. It's not good.

"Visit our Orality Bible website to explore our growing list of storying resources. Our vision for the Orality Bible Project is to create an oral Bible with no words. The master icons capture each story’s main idea and fuel the imagination. The sketches are used for training disciples to remember and tell each story."

What does that mean to create an "oral Bible with no words"

They use small pictures or icons to help remind those who know the story to tell the story to those who don't know the story. So if you saw a boy who was wearing a coat of many colors you could know it is about Joseph and you could tell that story to someone who doesn't know that story.

Sounds kind of supicious to me. Especially they said we don't attend a church. Also, when it comes to salvation, everything starts with GOD THE FATHER GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. CREATION, SIN, DEATH, AND HELL. REDEMPTION, RESURRECTION, AND THEN JUSTIFICATION, ADOPTION, AND SANCTIFICATION, THROUGH THE PERFECT FINISHED WORK OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR Jesus Christ, BY HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD, PEACE, AND RIGHTEOUSNESS

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

so that's basically what Anna was saying with the flash card?

Not sure. Anna would have to look at their website to see if those are the same that they showed her. Sounds like what Anna saw was written flash cards not pictures, but I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back