Monergism Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promise of the Future

Tom,

I have the book and have read extensively in it, though not cover to cover. I think it is excellent and I recommend it to all. Venema is of an amill/Idealist persuasion, and calls himself an 'optimistic amillennialist.'

The book is written at what I consider to be a college level. I especially appreciate his discussions of millennial views, the resurrection, and the new heavens and new earth.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by ARStager
Michael Horton has a good book called _Covenant Eschatology_...have any of you read it?

That's another book I want. Never read anything by Horton as yet but love listening to the Whitehorse Inn.

Originally posted by Fernando
Tom,

I have the book and have read extensively in it, though not cover to cover. I think it is excellent and I recommend it to all. Venema is of an amill/Idealist persuasion, and calls himself an 'optimistic amillennialist.'

The book is written at what I consider to be a college level. I especially appreciate his discussions of millennial views, the resurrection, and the new heavens and new earth.

Hope this helps.

It does. Thanks.
After almost 25 years as a Pre-mill pre-trib Christian it is taking me a while to figure out what it is I believe anymore concerning the end times. I am not as hung up on every new thing coming down the road as I used to be. I am more ready to study it now with a more open mind.

Venema

Tom,

Another strength of Venema's book is that he discusses the views of Christians down through the centuries, and is fair to those he disagrees with. I think it is important to study eschatology within the context of church history, and Venema is a real help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back