Media Distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
Not to downplay the importance of the shiavo issue. But has anyone else noticed that the media isnt doing there part in telling us more about the consequences of this new north american union Bush is making or the fact that there was possible terrorism related to the cause for the Oil refinery explosion or the build up to a conflict with Venezuala over selling oil to china-russia?? Or that the economy is disapering??

blade

Got it, Blade.

That's why I don't get my info from merely the TV/radio....one has to dig things up from many sources - mostly written sources.

The unhappy truth about the Shiavo case though -- is as I researched websites and other worthy news sources to learn the whole story...I discovered how utterly incomplete the TV news is representing the case. Horrors!!! No matter what side your on....the media is unreliable and is hyping the case for its own evil lust for ratings.

With shrewdness,

Robin

This brings up an interesting question -- where do PB members get their news? What sources do you find most reliable and trustworthy?

CNN rocks for news.

It, at least, rocks the foundation of truth.

FOX News for me. Newsmax.com. CNSNews.com. WorldNetDaily.com. Boortz.com. DrudgeReport.com.

The oil refinery wasn't a terrorist event. Oil / gas is flowing at the same capacity as was before the blast yet gas spiked $.06.

We don't need more drilling as much as we need more refineries.

I often rely first on the mainstream media outlets like CNN, Yahoo news, and the Washington Post, plus my local news sources. But I usually enjoy reading the Washington Times for a "conservative" slant on the news. I know it's run by the Moonies, but it's the best thing around in the DC area. I also get The New American magazine. In general though, I don't trust the media. Presuppostional bias, I suppose. :detective:

NY times online (just to see what they are lie... errr I mean talking about)
Fox News
CNN (Clandestine News Network)
Drudge Report and a number of online sources and blogs

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
This brings up an interesting question -- where do PB members get their news? What sources do you find most reliable and trustworthy?

My basic headline sources are foxnews.com and drudgereport.com

For basic commentary I usually go to lewrockwell.com and I like to check out townhall.com, amconmag.com, and a few others that have been mentioned.

openairboy

Whoa Andrew, the way you've been crawling around in the old archives lately you must be getting a bit dusty. You've brought so many dead threads back to life that you're going to make Benny Hinn jealous of your resusitating power. Carry on. :bigsmile:

Roger, will do!
salute.gif

Sometimes it's good to get dusty, especially when reading old Puritan sermons. Anyways, thread resurrections, I suppose, fall under general providence rather than special providence, at least in my case. :bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back