Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
Man in India marries dog as atonement
Man in India marries dog as atonement - Yahoo! News
capt.0b0c7ce5a02a4171aefde8c14e9b8dff.india_man_weds_dog_mas101.jpg

1 hour, 45 minutes ago

NEW DELHI - A man in southern India married a female dog in a traditional Hindu ceremony as an attempt to atone for stoning two other dogs to death — an act he believes cursed him — a newspaper reported Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

P. Selvakumar married the sari-draped former stray named Selvi, chosen by family members and then bathed and clothed for the ceremony Sunday at a Hindu temple in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, the Hindustan Times newspaper said.

Selvakumar, 33, told the paper he had been suffering since he stoned two dogs to death and hung their bodies from a tree 15 years ago.

"After that my legs and hands got paralyzed and I lost hearing in one ear," he said in the report.

The paper said an astrologer had told Selvakumar the wedding was the only way he could cure the maladies. It did not say whether his situation had improved.

Deeply superstitious people in rural India sometimes organize weddings to dogs and other animals, believing it can ward off certain curses.

The paper showed a picture of Selvakumar sitting next to the dog, which was wearing an orange sari and a flower garland.

The paper said the groom and his family then had a feast, while the dog got a bun.

Man in India marries dog as atonement - Yahoo! News

Reminds me of a line I heard in a movie... "Son, you can make a dog your friend or a bottle of whiskey your friend, but if you make a woman your friend you'll end up drunk and kissing your dog." Maybe this guy's real problem was woman trouble.

Reminds me of a line I heard in a movie... "Son, you can make a dog your friend or a bottle of whiskey your friend, but if you make a woman your friend you'll end up drunk and kissing your dog." Maybe this guy's real problem was woman trouble.

:lol:

so many contradictions..........dog is also one of the gods. People worship dogs on "kukur pooja" (day of dog worship) in Nepal and India under the name of Bhairo. Didn't this man marry his god?

One day a driver came to us asking for alms, I asked him, what's wrong with you, (for he was a healthy man). He said, I have killed a cow by mistake by my vehicle and this is a great sin, so I need to do something to do the guilt away. He went to the Priest, and who asked him to be a beggar for atleast one week and has to beg from different families. He ate from different families, not of his own and finally did some rituals.
I told him about what I had to share with him but he did not pay much attention. This is how they do things.

:rofl:

Raj;

One day a driver came to us asking for alms, I asked him, what's wrong with you, (for he was a healthy man). He said, I have killed a cow by mistake by my vehicle and this is a great sin, so I need to do something to do the guilt away. He went to the Priest, and who asked him to be a beggar for atleast one week and has to beg from different families. He ate from different families, not of his own and finally did some rituals.
I told him about what I had to share with him but he did not pay much attention. This is how they do things.

This is so sad..

I don't know which I find more sickening as far as depravity goes:
:barfy::mad:man desiring to marry another man or man desiring to marry an animal...

and Raj,

so many contradictions..........dog is also one of the gods. People worship dogs on "kukur pooja" (day of dog worship) in Nepal and India under the name of Bhairo. Didn't this man marry his god?

My Pastor once likened Homosexuality to this..man worshipping self to the point God gives them over to their god who looks just like they do..

I love my dog and I love my wife. But, my wife is not a dog, and a dog is not my wife.

How sad. Send Romans 1 indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back