Looking Forward to Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
TULIP fans, let us all take time to consider the lillies of the field.

It's going to be 70 degrees here in Washington, DC today. Looking forward to the cherry blossoms next month!

what is the BEST time to visit the east coast...including SC. I want flowers, flowering trees, green...not wet, not sweltering.

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
what is the BEST time to visit the east coast...including SC. I want flowers, flowering trees, green...not wet, not sweltering.

I'll defer to those who live further south than me about the best time to visit SC. But I love the flowering dogwoods which appear often in mid-April in the Carolinas. The cherry blossoms in DC are expected to peak in early April. The Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and the Carolinas are especially beautiful to behold in late April and early May. After Memorial Day, it can get right hot down South!

Today is the peak of the 2006 cherry blossom festival at the Washington, DC Tidal Basin. It is 70 degrees today.

dscn0286.jpg

I am LOVING IT! It's a sunny 70 degrees in Easter Pa. as well and I took the Crossfire out just to cruise around town (stopped and bought car washing materials as well) with my music playing and the window down.

Sweet!:amen:

The weather is OK over here in the Puget Sound region, but nothing like that. The cherry buds are just starting to swell, but the daffies have been up for a while.

On the other hand, we didn't have the winter you guys had. Just rain, rain, and, for a while, some really hard rain.

Vic

Originally posted by victorbravo
On the other hand, we didn't have the winter you guys had. Just rain, rain, and, for a while, some really hard rain.

Vic

And we didn't beat the rain record. :( If only it had rained that one Sunday, we would have beaten it by quite a bit, since it rained for like a whole week afterwards.

Monday was absolutely gorgeous, in my opinion, here - it was warm (well almost 60!), sunny, you could see the mountain, I went to upper campus and all the cherry trees were in full bloom . . . today it's just grey, though.

Ahh...spring!! Yes, lovely!!! I began planting veggies yesterday. Lettuce, onions, garlic, peas, radishes, (red and daikon) and lots of other goodies soon! :banana: (children asked me to use that smiley! they're crackin' up):lol:

Love it!

Still cold here. Wonder if spring will ever arrive?

Man! I need to get back down south where it's warmer. Brrrrr......

What are you talking about, Donald? It has been in the 50s, sunny, blue skies. That is practically the very heart of spring in the Northwest. :)

Seriously, I have been so grateful for the last two days of sun after I do not know how many days of rain we have had.

I need some gardening lessons. We have lots of space here, but I have no idea what to do with it. Grace, maybe you can help me out. I know the kids would love to grow some things. J's been talking about planting an apple seed outside to see what happens. Hmmmmm.....

Great! Spring in the south. The Yanks get the inches / feet of snow in the winter and we in the south get the inches of pollen in the spring.

Can anyone say - Ha - Choo?

I am NOT looking forward to Spring. Winter is the prettiest time of the year here. Heat and humidity are on their way. :(

I need some gardening lessons. We have lots of space here, but I have no idea what to do with it. Grace, maybe you can help me out. I know the kids would love to grow some things. J's been talking about planting an apple seed outside to see what happens. Hmmmmm.....

Jerry Baker "America's Master Gardener" has some great tips. He uses a lot of home made concoctions for the garden, yarden, etc. I use a ton of his ideas for my yard and garden.

http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp

Jessica, I think I may have the solution for you! We're trying square foot gardening this year. Bill built the boxes and they're not being filled with seeds and plants! The concept is great, in my opinion. We'll have to talk. It's supposed to maximize your crop, while minimizing the work, thus maximizing your enjoying the fruit of your labor! Let me know if you'd like to try it! :cheers:

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back