LaHaye is upset with his publisher .... How Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, Tim, Tim! Where's your peace? Where's your joy? Why don't you just give the whole thing to the Lord & stop worrying about it?

Originally posted by Ivan
Originally posted by Average Joey
Would he be mad if the rapture was happening while he was in the middle of writing a book?

Only if he didn't take wing and fly.

Or if he did but saw that unbelievers were going with him, in which case he'd say, "What?! This isn't supposed to happen for many more years after this event!"

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
Or if he did but saw that unbelievers were going with him, in which case he'd say, "What?! This isn't supposed to happen for many more years after this event!"

:lol: OUCH!!!

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
Originally posted by Ivan
Originally posted by Average Joey
Would he be mad if the rapture was happening while he was in the middle of writing a book?

Only if he didn't take wing and fly.

Or, "I thought I would have another 1000 years to think of how to answer the EE questions."

Does anyone else think it's odd that Hank wants to be exegetical in his eschatology but philosophical in soteriology?

you want Hank to get kicked off of radio stations for being Calvinistic? MacArthur got kicked off a radio station a while back for being a Calvanist in relation to salvation.

Originally posted by Slippery
you want Hank to get kicked off of radio stations for being Calvinistic? MacArthur got kicked off a radio station a while back for being a Calvanist in relation to salvation.

Poor Hankie was actually kicked off of a Calvary Chapel radio station in Albuquerque, NM for his eschatology. It violated the "Calvary Distinctives" or some such nonsense. They still play MacArthur, though!

Originally posted by SharperSword

Poor Hankie was actually kicked off of a Calvary Chapel radio station in Albuquerque, NM for his eschatology. It violated the "Calvary Distinctives" or some such nonsense. They still play MacArthur, though!

That's because he's Dispensational.

Calvary Chapel is being unprofessional. They deprive many listeners who are given knowledge of cults etc by listening to Hank merely because of an eschatological difference??????? Heck it was Hank that broke up the blasphemous doctrines of Jehovah Witness for me. Hank was the first ministry I ever donated money to. The guy literally took me out from stupid cultic beliefs.

Now dispensationalism becomes the test for Orthodoxy instead of Orthodoxy. I'm ashamed of Calvary Chapel.

Originally posted by ChristianasJourney
I would never think of buying a fiction book to understand doctrine better.

Hey - isn't the phrase "Christian fantasy, fiction" an oxymoron?

Robin :detective:

Calvary Chapel is being unprofessional. They deprive many listeners who are given knowledge of cults etc by listening to Hank merely because of an eschatological difference??????? Heck it was Hank that broke up the blasphemous doctrines of Jehovah Witness for me. Hank was the first ministry I ever donated money to. The guy literally took me out from stupid cultic beliefs.

Now dispensationalism becomes the test for Orthodoxy instead of Orthodoxy. I'm ashamed of Calvary Chapel.

And they are being hypocritical according to their own statement of faith:

"We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians."

http://www.calvaryhosting.com/%7Ecalvarym/index.htm?/%7Ecalvarym/2004/mar/who_we_are/statementoffaith.htm

They speak as if they don't major on minors, but obviously they do.

Give me a break!
Aren't these the same guys who will bring in the likes of Dave Hunt and others to "preach" specifically against the doctrines of Calvinism (I'm sorry, "the Gospel")?

Gee, and all you gotta have is that "agape love", huh? Could anyone's practice be further from their claims?

Originally posted by alwaysreforming
Give me a break!
Aren't these the same guys who will bring in the likes of Dave Hunt and others to "preach" specifically against the doctrines of Calvinism (I'm sorry, "the Gospel")?

Gee, and all you gotta have is that "agape love", huh? Could anyone's practice be further from their claims?

Oddly enough, this particular station in Albuquerque is always playing the latest anti-calvinist drivel from the likes of Hunt, Chuch Smith, and any of the notable Calvary guys, but still keep MacArthur and Alister Begg around! Maybe this is how they get balance?:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back