Kindle book downloading query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somerset

Puritan Board Junior
A friend of my wife has offered to set up my kindle and download my first book. What I most want is Matthew Henry - but it is big. I expect this is one of those "it all depends" questions - but can anyone give me an idea as to how long it might take to get from Amazon - minutes? half an hour?

A friend of my wife has offered to set up my kindle and download my first book. What I most want is Matthew Henry - but it is big. I expect this is one of those "it all depends" questions - but can anyone give me an idea as to how long it might take to get from Amazon - minutes? half an hour?

It obviously depends on internet speed, but probably 30 seconds to a minute or less.

What type of Kindle do you have? I have the 3G and book downloading is fast. Never timed it before but I don't think anything has taken over a minute.

What does your internet speed have to do with downloading? Are you using a older kindle? I have downloaded book's from the Kindle store while shopping at the market.

Also if buying a book from amazon read the reviews.

What Matthew Henry are you looking at? I have The Concise Matthew Henry Bible Commentary With Built In KJV Bible.

All Kindles come with WiFi and some with 3G. I typically have both disabled unless I need a book downloaded but, even with a massive work, it takes virtually no time to download via WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back